Parallels 14 and Mojave

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by JohnH36, Oct 2, 2018.

1. JohnH36

JohnH36 Junior Member

Last week I installed Parallels 14 and Mojave, and all was OK for awhile, but now this week I have had nothing but problems. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling parallels but to no avail. I start Parallels, and all that I get is the spinning circle saying starting Windows 10. Once this happens, my entire computer starts to experience issues - spinning beachballs everywhere. I have to shut down and restart, and sometimes the only way that I can do a shutdown is with a hard shutdown by holding down the Touch ID button on my MacBook Pro. As long as I don't try reinstalling or running Parallels, the Mac is fine, but once I try, all Hell breaks loose. Thinking about downgrading back to High Sierra from a Time Machine backup as I am at wits end. Thinking Windows is somehow corrupted, but not sure what to do to solve that.

2. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @JohnH36 , please boot your mac into recovery mode and perform first aid from disk utility, reboot your mac and check if that helps.

3. JohnH36

JohnH36 Junior Member

Nope. That did not help or solve the problem.

4. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @JohnH36 , please check if you have any Anti virus or firewall enabled on your mac. If yes, please disable it and try.

5. JohnH36

JohnH36 Junior Member

I do not. Nothing to disable. I have also tried Uninstalling Parallels, running the disk first aid, reinstalling it, and then trying. Same result. It either freezes and quits responding at the loading prompt, or at the Windows prompt. I then have to force quit Parallels, and also do a total shutdown and reboot or it affects my entire system with lovely beach balls of doom.

6. DanielC16

DanielC16 Bit poster

Same for me after upgraded to Mojave on my mid 2012 MacBook Pro. I suspected it was due to the incompatibility of PD13 so I paid and upgraded to PD14. Unfortunately, the same happened. Then it was restored back to High Sierra with Time Machine backup and is working fine now.

7. JohnH36

JohnH36 Junior Member

I really like Mojave too . . . and some things are much better on the Mac side. I HATE to downgrade back to High Sierra, but it looks like I might have to.

8. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @JohnH36, could you please reproduce the issue again and run this command in the terminal window, generate the technical data... menu item? Then, post the number here.

9. JohnH36

JohnH36 Junior Member

Paul - Sorry, but I have not had the opportunity to do any of this because I have been too busy, and did not need Windows. But now I do - by next week. When I click on the link above for the command, Safari says it cannot find the server.

10. JohnH36

JohnH36 Junior Member

I re-downloaded parallels, and all I have is the . . . that says that parallels is starting.

11. PaulChristopher@Parallels

Hi JohnH36, can you please try this command then: prlsrvctl problem-report --send and provide the ID here

12. JohnH36

JohnH36 Junior Member

Update . . . I finally called support, and after the second attempt by me of booting in recovery mode, and doing Disk first aid, and then re-installing parallels - it is now working. Thanks anyway.

13. PaulChristopher@Parallels

Hi @JohnH36, we appreciate the time and effort that you have invested in to fix the issue!