After setting "Send macOS system shortcuts" to "Always", shortcut to return to Mac?

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by ErnestT1, Jun 13, 2018.

1. ErnestT1

ErnestT1 Bit poster

I want to use cmd-tab to switch between Windows apps. I believe that setting "Send macOS system shortcuts" to "Always" is the standard way to solve this.

The problem is that I want to be able to switch back to Mac with a keyboard shortcut. (Ideally, I'd like to have a shortcut to open the Mac dock from Windows, but my "open dock" shortcut no longer works.) (I use Windows in full-screen mode.)

Is there a recommended way to return to Mac with the keyboard?
    Currently I drag the mouse to the bottom of the screen until the dock appears, but this is slow.
    Some Parallels keyboard combinations do work from Windows, for example I can pause. I type cmd-comma to bring up Parallels options at which time I can use Mac shortcuts to bring up dock and switch to Mac apps, but this procedure is a bit goofy since it leaves the options screen open.

Thanks,
    Ernie

DoniK and LambertG like this.
  2. Tobias5

Tobias5 Bit poster

I wonder this to. Is there a solution to this?

3. Hi ErnestT1. Please refer this article and check if it helps.

4. Tobias5

Tobias5 Bit poster

Hello, unfortunately it doesnt solve the problem/question that we ask. The article suggest we should "3-finger-swipe" between mac and windows (fullscreen). Thats not possible for me since I have my mac closed. Is there no way to set a keyboard-shortcut to toggle between mac/windows(fullscreen)?
    If I go to Preferences>shortcuts>macos system shortcuts "Show and hide parallels desktop" is set to F6. But it doesnt work, I cant toggle back to mac when pressing F6 in windows.

5. Please follow the steps as mentioned in this article and check if it works.

6. LambertG

LambertG Bit poster

I too am looking for a solution to this, and have not found one. I am using the same clumsy approach that the OP mentioned i.e. pressing [CMD+,] to bring up the options menu, then using OSX shortcuts from there, and when wanting to go back to Windows needing to press Escape to dismiss the options menu. The F6 to "show and hide Parallels Desktop" does not work if the "Send macOS system shortcuts" is set to "Always" -- I would expect the F6 option to be an overriding one.

I would be great if was a way to map shortcuts from VM to Host (similar to the already provided option of host to VM mappings).

DoniK likes this.
  7. gamecat

gamecat Bit poster

I have the same issue too. I hope eventually it will be fixed.

8. RonaldsZ

RonaldsZ Bit poster

What works for me is pressing Ctrl+Alt together (or Control+Option to use the Apple terminology). This releases control from the VM and all your macOS shortcuts now work. To give the control back to the VM, Cmd+Tab back to the VM window.