Activation

Discussion in 'Account and Subscription Management' started by ChrisC32, Dec 31, 2018.

1. ChrisC32

ChrisC32 Bit poster

I have recently restored my iMac and I am trying to reinstall Parallels and activate the licence. I have Parallels 10 (upgrade version) and have entered the activation key and then it prompts me to confirm with a key from a previous version. When I have entered this key the 'activate' button remains dimmed so I can't proceed. I have checked that the I have entered all my details correctly and it still does not work. Can you please advise

2. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi ChrisC32. To help us understand the issue better, please take a screenshot of it and reply with the same (you can first edit the screenshot to mask your personal information displayed in there and then post the screenshot in this thread).

3. ChrisC32

ChrisC32 Bit poster

Hi there, thanks. I am attaching a screenshot here

Attached Files:

4. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

We see that you are trying to activate a Parallels Desktop 10 license with a version 6 license. Please be informed that Parallels Desktop can only be upgraded from any of the previous two versions. Hence, you can't upgrade to Parallels Desktop 10 from a version earlier than version 9 or 8.