Parallels Access works on iOS, but not through the Web browser

Discussion in 'Accessing your PC' started by JohnC25, Oct 4, 2016.

1. MarkC32

MarkC32 Bit poster

This is also happening on Mac platforms trying to connect through a web browser.

Shao-Lee likes this.
  2. JahanzebW

JahanzebW Bit poster

Still no response from Parallels. I am wondering if this thread is even watched since it is over two years old. Perhaps we should start a new topic around this issue?

3. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Hi Folks, We have escalated the issue you reported to the Engineering Team and they are working to address it in one of the future builds of Parallels Access.
    To enable automatic updates, from the Parallels Access Menu, select Preferences 〉 General 〉 Download Updates Automatically.
    While we do not have ETA for the fix, it has been prioritized appropriately and you can track the changes in the product at the corresponding knowledge base article page:- < https://kb.parallels.com/123816 >

4. Same issue.
    Bit of digging (10 mins.) and I found that the SSL cert has expired on the domain which is downloading the main JS file:
    https://media.myparallels.com/requirejs/require.js
    It expired on 28th December and the fact it has taken Parallels almost 7 days to fix this make me want my money back on the subscription I've bought.
    It is a simple fix to change the certificate, regardless of how big your infrastructure is it shouldn't take 7 days to fix.
    It also shouldn't require an application update to fix, but a change to the certificate on the server, so I am not sure why we are being asked to look at a ticket for an app update.

LarryB4 and Shao-Lee like this.
  5. LarryB4

LarryB4 Bit poster

Kudos Richard! Parallels, please fix the cert and send this man some swag :)

6. RoySalisbury

RoySalisbury Bit poster

I had the same issue, and found the same error (SSL cert expired). I did an online chat with support and they basically stated the same thing "it will be fixed in the next version" .. Its a stupid SSL cert. If I left my company website's SSL cert expire for 2 minutes they would be freaking out.

Anyway. Easy to bypass. In another tab (I use chrome) enter in the url of the offending script. You will get the SSL error. Click the advanced button and accept the unsecure connection. Now go back to the other tab and refresh the window. Chrome has now accepted the SSL cert and will let you login to your remote system.

Roy

EDIT: The support person even closed my issue as "Solution Provided" (resolved I guess) because of my "hack". The issue is NOT resolved. The SSL certificate is still expired.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
    Shao-Lee and Parallels User like this.
  7. ArchitJ

ArchitJ Bit poster

Roy many thanks, and yes, it works this way! For Parallels to think that multiple people can use a hack for a paid software is nonsense. Parallels, please update the SSL certificate asap. Preferably in the next few hours.

8. LarryB4

LarryB4 Bit poster

That did the trick, thanks @RoySalisbury - The support for the host computer having multiple monitors is great! There is a button on the side for each monitor, and each keeps its initial resolution rather than crumbling everything into a uniform mirror mode. I'm using the trial version and so far I'm very impressed.

9. RolandK5

RolandK5 Bit poster

Are you kidding!!?? I need the access to my office for my business reasons and I am paying money for this product!! Pls tell your Engineering team to hurry up. To be honest, I am really pissed

DanielF5 likes this.
  10. MarkC32

MarkC32 Bit poster

Thanks Roy. I was looking at the certificate wondering how to make chrome accept it. A simply thing like this should not need an updated software version to put right?

11. JohnN6

JohnN6 Bit poster

Cheers for Richard for finding the issue, and Roy for determining an easy hack. Simple process for Parallels to update the cert, perhaps other major changes are being made. As it's over a week after customers noticing, someone appears asleep on the job (or on extended holiday).

12. MargaretV

MargaretV Bit poster

Question, what do you mean by "enter in the url of the offending script". What URL? The URL of the page that is blank? That's what I'm assuming.....

13. RoySalisbury

RoySalisbury Bit poster

I was referring to the script that chrome told me was getting the SSL error.
    https://media.myparallels.com/requirejs/require.js

14. Hi Folks. The issue has been fixed. Now you can access your remote computer using Parallels Access web console without any issues.

15. DanielF5

DanielF5 Bit poster

I am still not able to connect to any remote Mac through safari or chrome, it just loads a blank page. Ould you please provide help.

16. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Try resetting the browser and check. If you still face the issue, check using the steps suggested by RoySalisbury if you are getting the certificate error.

17. RicterZ

RicterZ Bit poster

3 years later, Parallels Access cannot resolve this problem. It's sucks.

18. RicterZ

RicterZ Bit poster

upload_2019-10-22_15-46-42.png
    So you have no one can understand what these errors stand for?