April 12 (afternoon in CDT) -- "No Access" on all previously accessible computers

Discussion in 'Accessing your PC' started by BobE1, Apr 12, 2019.

1. BobE1

BobE1 Junior Member

Unexpectedly, four computers on my home network all now show "Not Accessible" on when viewing Parallels Access on each (3 running macOS <Mojave and High Sierra> and 1 running Windows 10). Everything was working earlier today

I also noticed that the list of accessible computers on my Parallels Access Dashboard website <https://my.parallels.com> is now showing computers that I had previously removed -- and I am not able to delete them via the "delete" button on the web page.

I have tried separately power cycling the cable modem and primary router to no avail. Other services such as Plex, TiVo, and Indigo Home Automation are available from outside my network.

I'm beginning to think that something may have gone sideways on the Parallels side of things. Is anyone else seeing this?

- Bob

2. JohnN6

JohnN6 Bit poster

Same here -- this issue appeared this morning. While I have a subscription for 5 computers, 10 are now appearing, with 5 being previously deleted computers. None of the 5 computers that I had previously accessed 2 days ago are able to connect. Believe this is a server issue and not a local issue. Would appreciate someone from Parallels to look into this situation.

John

3. BobE1

BobE1 Junior Member

Rebooting the computer doesn't help

4. BobE1

BobE1 Junior Member

And since my account is showing computers that have been removed a long time ago, I guess I'm now over my licensing limit. Because when I log out of one computer and then try to log back in, I am told...
    "You have already added the maximum number of computers for this account. To add this computer, upgrade your subscription or remove another computer. Learn more."​

Again -- I can't remove any of these inactive machines because the "delete" button on the web page doesn't do anything...

5. RichardS31

RichardS31 Bit poster

Exactly the same thing occurred to me yesterday. I ended up logging out of Parallels Access client on all the remote computers. Then one by one deleting them in my account here. Then logged back in with each remote client computer, and they all showed up. That worked - but only until a client reboots, then it is all bad again! Kind of defeats the purpose of Parallels Access if you have to go to the remote client computer and log off and back on. Plus, getting support from Parallels is like pulling teeth.

6. BobE1

BobE1 Junior Member

I actually did pretty good sending a direct twitter message to @ParallelsCares. Here's where things ended last night...

We just received an update that users won't be able to delete the computer from Parallels Access portal . It is a known issue and our engineering team and working on it to fix it as early as possible.​

7. BobE1

BobE1 Junior Member

My list of computers is back to normal this morning (went from 8 back down to 4 as it should be). It was necessary to log out and back in of Parallels Access on each of the remote machines, but I now have my remote access back.

8. MichaelM76

MichaelM76 Bit poster

You should try to use a VPN. I'm not sure, but it can help.

9. FrankS21

FrankS21 Bit poster

Reloging helped to solve the problem in my case. Worked well even after client reboot.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2020