Can't log in to PC from browser, ios is fine

Discussion in 'Accessing your PC' started by MartinH13, Aug 28, 2019.

1. MartinH13

MartinH13 Bit poster

I know there are similar threads regarding this already. I'm not sure if I have the same problem.
    I have a PC at home that I want to access from my macvbook. I see it in the Chrome browser as an online machine and when I click on it i'm prompted to enter a password. I've tried my parallels password, my windows password, as "other" user with my windows email, parallels email account etc and all passwords are silently rejected.
    I can open my iOS access app and get immediate access to the PC.
    Is this an issue with Windows access from a browser, that seems to have been reported by many users?
    Thanks

upload_2019-8-28_9-18-46.png

2. Hello MartinH13. Please follow the steps from this article and check if it works.

3. MartinH13

MartinH13 Bit poster

Thanks Sathiya. Is the password that I'm being prompted to enter for my windows login, not my parallels login? I changed my windows login password (remotely, from the iOS app) but it didn't help. Is there a way to see why the password failed e.g. a log file etc?

4. You need to enter the Windows login password to access the remote PC. If you have any antivirus/firewall/vpn settings enabled on the PC, please disable it and check whether you can login. If not try to remove and add the device from your Parallels Account and check if it helps.