Android Browser Not Supported?

Discussion in 'Parallels Remote Application Server – HTML5 Gateway' started by DCStalls, Sep 20, 2013.

1. DCStalls

DCStalls Bit poster

The whole point of HTML5 is compatibility across all platforms (IE exempt). Why do I have to download the 2x android app?

Also, I dont mind the individual apps, but it is difficult for remote users to configure. Is there a way that from the HTML5 site or Client Portal, that they can download a file that configures the session for the user?

2. owenb1

owenb1 Member

Hi

Can you please provide more details on Android version and which browser is being used?

3. jpc

jpc Pro

@DCStalls
    For your second request, the Android client supports launching applications from the client portal (I'm assuming 2X Cloud Portal here). Hence you can setup the connection in the cloud portal and have the users click on the application they want.

4. DCStalls

DCStalls Bit poster

When android users access the client portal, the client is not properly detected and it downloads a linux install.

So i manually did the 2x install from the play store, however the app never loads and the 2x config file never downloads.

5. DCStalls

DCStalls Bit poster

I was testing on Android 4.0 and now 4.2.2.

Please note that on both devices the portal does not recognize the device and tries to install a linux package. It should send the user to the Google Play Store to install 2x.

Also, after installing, the 2x file will not download - so the portal is still not working.

6. jpc

jpc Pro

For the 2X Cloud Portal to detect that it is running on an Android browser, you will need to disable the browser's desktop viewing mode and use the mobile one. In any case, you should try the latest Cloud Portal (v10.6) as that should have improved Android client support.

The android client should support 2XA file reading (according to the logs since v10.5 r1419). Did you try to load a 2XA file directly and it did not work?

7. DCStalls

DCStalls Bit poster

The current cloud portal on the website is 10.5.1308 which is what I am running.

Both the Chrome and Android browser are NOT in desktop mode. Neither browser can successfully download.

8. jpc

jpc Pro

There is a beta version of the cloud portal here. If you are running the latest version of the android client, it should work properly with that.

9. ZIMZ

ZIMZ Member

For your second request, the Android client supports launching applications from the client portal (I'm assuming 2X Cloud Portal here). Hence you can setup the connection in the cloud portal and have the users click on the application they want.

10. ZIMZ

ZIMZ Member

here. If you are running the latest version of the android client, it should work properly with that.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2019