Cannot reset Windows 10 guest OS

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by ChristophK2, Apr 23, 2020.

1. ChristophK2

ChristophK2 Hunter

Parallels 15.1.3
    I had a box popping up saying that Windows 10 cannot be shut down. So I'm trying to do a reset - to no avail at the moment.
    The idler icon in the middle of the darkened screen (showing a frozen wallpaper dating 18:09 22-Apr-2020) is idling now for over 2 hours.

What could I do now?

--
    Christoph

2. Hello, when you click on "reset" (Actions->reset), nothing happens right?
    Did you try to click on Actions -> Shut down?
    When does the issue with your Windows VM appear at the first time?

3. ChristophK2

ChristophK2 Hunter

In Actions all is greyed out. The idle icon turns and no progress seems to occur.
    I cannot say for sure that it is since Parallels 15.1.3. I would say that the trouble appeared more often since Catalina.
    But I don't see any pattern right now.

I can let the process of resetting run for another day or so. I remember it took a whole night to problem window from Parallels pop up
    saying that the shutdown failed.

I will let it run for another day now and see if anything happens. Maybe I'll terminate Parallels then and reboot the host to see what happens, should i?

4. ChristophK2

ChristophK2 Hunter

Meanwhile I did an exit on Parallels since I was offered an Update to run. Funnily I had already Parallels 15.1.3 (47255) installes and nonetheless I was offered this version as an Update?

5. ChristophK2

ChristophK2 Hunter

OK, it was 15.1.4 (47270) that got installed now. WIndows 10 is up and running again.

Maria@Parallels likes this.