subscription payment

Discussion in 'Parallels Access and Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by Aleks3, May 23, 2020.

1. Aleks3

Aleks3 Bit poster

I paid for the subscription, but the program does not activate. please help! my id: xandr2002@in***.ru

Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2020
  2. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We do not see any subscription purchased or registered with this email address. Let us know how you have purchased Parallels Desktop.

3. Aleks3

Aleks3 Bit poster

Attached Files:

4. Constance

Constance Bit poster

novice here. I purchased parallels awhile back. I use it to just use opening excel documents. do i have to always have a subscription?

5. Hello, did you get any error/warnings when you double click on the Parallels Desktop for App Store icon?

6. BalasinghamS

BalasinghamS Bit poster

Hi I am currently using Parallel on my MacBook Pro. The current license is "Parallels Desktop for Mac Business Edition" which is expiring in 3 days time.
    The original owner of purchasing this license has left my business. I would like to renew my license. I understand purchasing a new license is AU$ 137.45
    I believe renewing the license will cost less that this. Can you please help me on how I renew the license instead of purchasing a new license?

7. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

You have misunderstood. Purchasing or renewing a Business license will cost the same. If you have access to the business account, you can renew the existing license.

8. BalasinghamS

BalasinghamS Bit poster

Hi Ajith,
    Thanks for the clarification. Unfortunately I don't have access to Business account. Hence could you please answer below questions.
    I have already taken the snapshot of my images (windows and centos) on my MacBook host. If I purchase a new license under my personal account,
    1. Will I be able to seamlessly import the images (which I created under previous business account) into my new install of parallel which I will be purchasing under a new license? Will all the features I already setup in the image will work with the newly purchased account?

9. BalasinghamS

BalasinghamS Bit poster

10. BalasinghamS

BalasinghamS Bit poster

Hi there
    I purchased parallel desktop for Mac Business Edition paying $AU 130. Looks like the money I spent is not worth at all. I need to run a github server image (OVA file) and I can't even properly import this image into parallel. I tried with trial version of VMWare Fusion. It worked without any issues. Even the free virtuabox imports OVA file without any issue. I feel like I purchased the wrong product. Not sure why Parallel can'e even import an OVA file. So bad. :(

11. BalasinghamS

BalasinghamS Bit poster

After spending hours I managed to convert my github server ova file to .vmx and tried importing into parallel. Then I get this error --> Missing modules (cat /proc/modules: ls /dev). Instead of wasting my whole day trying to fix up all this rubbish, I could have easily purchased the far cheaper VMware Fusion and ran my github server image with a single click :(

12. Hello, we are sorry to heat that you're unhappy with the software and we will be glad to help you.
    If you decide to continue the issue investigation (or have any additional questions to us) please let us know.
    Thank you for your time.

13. BalasinghamS

BalasinghamS Bit poster

Thanks and no thanks for your 'very late' reply. I have sorted the issue by myself after spending many hours googling and trying various fixes. All good now.