System won't accept old serial number for upgrade

Discussion in 'Account and Subscription Management' started by WilliamG13, Jul 28, 2020.

1. WilliamG13

WilliamG13 Bit poster

I bought an upgrade copy of Parallels in April 2020.
    I just tried to access my account and the system said I had a trial copy, input key.
    It took my new key associated with the April purchase, which said it was an upgrade copy, input the original key. But the old serial number is a different format (5 sets of 5 characters) than the new key so it won't take it.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks.

2. Hello, could you share with us your keys please (and purchase orders or email that you used for the key registration)?
    Please reply us back via the private message.

3. WilliamG13

WilliamG13 Bit poster

Well after 30 minutes searching through this forum, I see a lot of other people also are unable to find the Private Message avenue.
    If you can show me how to PM you, I can send you the requested information.
    Seems email would be so much easier...

4. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have initiated a private conversation. You can share the requested details in it.

5. WilliamG13

WilliamG13 Bit poster

Original box picture as requested.

Attached Files:

6. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have sent you a personal message in which you can share the picture containing the old key.

7. JayA6

JayA6 Bit poster

Can you use upgrade pricing from V12 to V16 or do you need to purchase a full license?.

8. WilliamG13

WilliamG13 Bit poster

I would advise against purchasing any version of this software. It is essentially ransomware.
    I purchased an upgrade copy, provided proof of original purchase and then "Support team" vanished. I have been unable to get a response from the team in two weeks.
    I am now out the original purchase price, cannot use the software, and request for support or refund have been ignored.
    Run away and find another VM provider. This software company has no scruples, and no support.

9. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Yes, you can purchase an upgrade if you have a valid previous key for any older version.

10. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have replied to your private message.

11. Hello, we've received your email with the screenshot of the issue.
    Looks like that you tried to activate Parallels Desktop 15 with key of another version.
    If you would like to investigate this issue further we will be happy to help you.