Parallels Access macOS client crashes when controlling fullscreen apps

Discussion in 'Accessing your Mac' started by ThomasR13, Sep 30, 2020.

1. ThomasR13

ThomasR13 Junior Member

I had already reported this bug more than a month ago, but nothing happened so far, so I repeat it here. When using Parallels Access with the iPad Magic Keyboard and switching between macOS fullscreen apps (i.e. apps maximized with the green button), a part of Parallels Access crashes when starting to type in one of the fullscreen apps right after switching. The connection between iPad and Mac is lost for a while and then reestablished. The text typed is lost and has to be typed again. Although Parallels Access continues to work, some component must have crashed, because a crash log is written each time this happens. The log complains that some function was called from the wrong thread, so macOS terminated the process.

This has nothing to do with my setup, because I even installed a fresh macOS Catalina 10.15.7 inside Parallels Desktop and installed Parallels Access as the only app in there and it still shows the same behavior.

There is also another bug that is harder to describe. Parallels Access gets stuck sometimes and does not respond anymore. This is solved by terminating the connection, waiting a while (because the Mac is still shown as "in use"), and reconnecting. I think that this only happens when using the trackpad of the Magic Keyboard, maybe in combination with fullscreen apps.

2. Hello, we've double checked your ticket. And the issue was escalated to the Parallels Engineering team. They are currently working on the resolution.
    Thank you for understanding.

3. In order to investigate the "not responding" issue could you please collect and provide us with the technical report?
    Please check this out for more info about report creation.

4. ThomasR13

ThomasR13 Junior Member

By now, I collected reports with Parallel Access 6.0.2 and macOS 11. One problem that is not random is that the connection stalls when handoff is active, iPad and mac are close enough together for it to be active, and something is copied and pasted from the clipboard.

5. FabriceF

FabriceF Bit poster

Same problem here. I keep getting the message that the iPad is trying to paste from the Mac. Any solution to this?