"Lock this computer when working remotely" not working

Discussion in 'Accessing your PC' started by shevek, Feb 13, 2019.

1. shevek

shevek Bit poster

I have just installed Parallels Access and the "Lock this computer when working remotely" is not working.
    I have the option checked but when I access from Chrome on my MacBook, my PC monitors show what I am doing.
    I have Windows 10 Pro Version 1809 Build 17763.316 and Parallels Access 4.0.4 (32918)
    Please help!

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
  2. PatrickM3

PatrickM3 Junior Member

I have noticed the same issue - as well general Parallels Access instability on my PC (crashes quite often Win10/latest build/via Web) - Parallels please fix!

3. shevek

shevek Bit poster

Hi Maria, Report ID is 298751313

4. @shevek, you used web console, right? Just clarify.

5. shevek

shevek Bit poster

yes, that's correct.
    Chrome 72.0.3626.109 64-bit on Mojave 10.14.3
    Note that it does lock my PC when I close the Chrome tab, so the "lock this computer once you finish working remotely" sub-option is working as expected.

6. shevek

shevek Bit poster

And I see the exact some behaviour using Safari 12.0.3 (14606.4.5) - does not lock on connect, locks on disconnect

7. Thanks a lot for the info. I've provided Parallels Engineering team with it for the further issue investigation. Once we get any updates we will let you know.

shevek likes this.
  8. RobertG20

RobertG20 Bit poster

Yes i have also faced similar issue.Windows 10 latest build,parallels access shows excess amount of instability.If video is required will provide it if its needed,but pls solve this issue as soon as possible

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2019
  9. Hey, please provide us with the version of Parallels Access which you're using and a bit more details about the issue. Thanks in advance.

10. CoMb0BrEaKeR

CoMb0BrEaKeR Bit poster

Hi, I just started using newest version of Parallels Access on 5 Freshly setup and updated Windows 10 Pro machines I setup today and I ran into this EXACT same issue on each of them. It is highly unusual that all the machines would have the same issue as they are in different locations and the computersI connected to them from were both Mac and Windows 10. I have a feeling this feature is not actually supported anymore, is that true? Does this feature even work?

11. Hello, did you get any specific error message? Could you provide us with the screenshot of the issue please?

12. DanielD18

DanielD18 Bit poster

I have also faced a similar issue. Windows 10 latest build, parallels access shows an excess amount of instability. If video is required will provide it if needed, but pls solve this issue as soon as possible.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2021
  13. CoMb0BrEaKeR

CoMb0BrEaKeR Bit poster

Maria, there is not error but the Lock feature just does not work as expected. In this image I made a test windows 10 Pro machine and installed parallels access on it. I can connect to the remove machine fine via the web from my MacBook Pro but clearly the screen on the remote windows computer is not locked. Does the "Lock this computer when working remotely" option actually mean that the remote screen will be black or dimmed so anyone in the office will not be able to see the remote activity?

Attached Files:

14. CoMb0BrEaKeR

CoMb0BrEaKeR Bit poster

Oh the software versions are
    Parallels Access 6.1.0 (38296)

Windows 10 Pro
    Version 20H2
    Build 19042.804

15. CoMb0BrEaKeR

CoMb0BrEaKeR Bit poster

So this feature is broken. I have an open support ticket and it states.
    "We have escalated the issue you reported to the Engineering Team and they are working to address it in one of the future builds of Parallels Access."

16. Raymond@Parallels

Raymond@Parallels Parallels Support

17. AlexS43

AlexS43 Bit poster

Hi Raymond, the link you provided says "Please consider connecting via mobile device" but I was able to recreate the problem via iOS. Client version 6.2.0
    I sent in technical data. Report ID: 369095388

18. Raymond@Parallels

Raymond@Parallels Parallels Support

Thank you very much for noting this. I have forwarded the information to Development team. Updated the article as well to reflect current situation.

19. chandrabhans

chandrabhans Bit poster

Thanks for your support my problem also has been solved.