Screen Resolution Appears Wrong

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by ParallelsU626, Apr 18, 2021.

1. ParallelsU626

ParallelsU626 Junior Member

I've just bought a Mac Mini M1 and am trying Parallels for the first time.

I've downloaded the ARM version of Windows and installation went smoothly.

Once in Windows, a new DEV update to Windows 10 was published (Build 21359) but after installation, and after tools was reinstalled, the virtual machine, in full screen, now looks fuzzy and doesn't fill the screen etc (I have a 2560x1440 monitor).

I've checked to see if tools is installed, and it appears so; I can see my drive mapping back to Mac, for example.

Is this an issue with Tools because this is a new build and we have to wait for Parallels to update tools?

Thanks

2. Hello, could you share with us a screenshot of the issue and the technical report please?

3. ParallelsU626

As an update, it also appears on build 21354.
    Interestingly, if I exit full screen, it shrinks to a Window and I get the CTRL and ALT to free cursor, as though Tools hasn't installed, but I do get some Tools features, like my Mac drives are mapped. I'll try to get a technical report.

4. ParallelsU626

Thanks - I've sent the technical report. Be interesting to see what it turns up.

5. ParallelsU626

So another update - I sort of see what happening now.
    If i'm in Windowed Moe - and I stretch the screen (say to 1428 x 912) on my Mac OS desktop; then when I click the green 'Full Screen' button in the top left of the Window, the Window expands to full screen but rather than changing the resolution to the max on my monitor (in my case, it's a 1440p monitor), it keeps the same resolution (1428 x 912). Not sure if this is expected functionality and if it is, how can I change it so when I go full screen, the resolution matches the max res of my monitor?

6. serv

serv Forum Maven

VM configuration > Options > Full Screen > Advanced Settings > Scale to fit screen option defines resolution changing behavior when switching VM to full screen. If you selected Games profile for your VM the option is likely set to Keep ratio, i.e. to preserve resolution set in window mode.