Convert Windows 10 Pro Intel to Windows 10 ARM for M1

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by AndrewY1, Apr 17, 2021.

1. AndrewY1

AndrewY1 Bit poster

I'm looking to see if there is any mechanism to convert a virtual machine created with Parallels for Intel to work with Parallels 16.5 Windows 10 ARM on the M1 platform. I realize that to work on the M1, it has to be Windows 10 ARM, but I'm really hoping I don't have to recreate my various VM's that are based on Windows 10 Pro.

If Parallels doesn't have that ability to convert an existing Intel VM to ARM, is there an upgrade path through Microsoft to convert Win 10 Pro to Win 10 ARM?

I've googled as many ways as I can think of but I have not found any productive information.

Thanks for your thoughts!

2. abccC2

abccC2 Junior Member

After creating Windows 10 on M1, what's the best / most efficient way of transferring files, programs and settings from an Intel Windows 10 environment?
    I don't even know how to begin to know what I'm going to have to transfer!

3. serv

serv Forum Maven

abccC2 likes this.
  4. ParallelsU680

ParallelsU680 Bit poster

I still have the old (Intel-based) virtual machine but I'm not able to access it on my Apple M1. How can I use my existing Pro license (that I used on my Intel MAC) to activate Windows 10 on ARM?

5. ParallelsU680

ParallelsU680 Bit poster

Unfortunately, I don't have my old Macbook Intel. I only have the new Macbook M1.
    So, I have the old Parallels VM but I can't access it.
    Any thoughts on that?

6. LeroyJ1

LeroyJ1 Bit poster

This KB is totally worthless. So you get the files to an cloud or external disk.
    THEN WHAT???????

7. Raymond79

Raymond79 Bit poster

I do not have the equipment to test, but curious if someone who has both an intel and M1/2 Mac can use "Parallels Transporter Agent" in the windows intel VM to create their windows ARM VM.