Windows 10 for ARM

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by DonaldB4, Dec 17, 2020.

1. KevinC18

KevinC18 Bit poster

To create a compatible virtual machine, use an ISO or VHDX image file with an ARM-based operating system

2. KevinC18

KevinC18 Bit poster

Failed to convert this virtual hard disk.

now getting this message once i select word on mac os

v frustrating

3. KevinC18

KevinC18 Bit poster

thanks for help

it seems im unable to drag the new vdhx icon to the installation window it wont accept it

4. poundbit

poundbit Bit poster

Looks ok for now with windows however when installing windows it now says
    To create a compatible virtual machine, use an ISO or VHDX image file with an ARM-based operating system.

5. RobertF18

RobertF18 Bit poster

My installation has just updated to 10296.1010 (previously .1000) ...
    Noticed that internet connection not working ... haven't tried to do fix yet ...

Still reeling from 10292.1010 ... rolled back to .1000 and recovered some disk space ... VM trashed and never booted since ...

Seen another poster record that recovering disk space corrupted things ... won't do that again ...

Anybody else on 10296.1010 yet ... noticing any issues ?

6. kundanno

kundanno Hunter

I noticed that 296.1010 was a bit jittery when first updated. It's stabilized now. The internet connectivity behavior has not changed for me. Occasionally it loses access (especially after a resume), I just fire up cmd and type "ipconfig /renew". Not an ideal outcome, but oh well.

7. poundbit

poundbit Bit poster

looks ok now with windows however when installing windows it now says
    To create a compatible virtual machine, use an ISO or VHDX image file with an ARM-based operating system.

8. PhilS9

PhilS9 Bit poster

I'm a Microsoft Partner, and assumed that the ISO image of Windows 10 Enterprise for ARM would work okay. However, when trying to install it I get the following error message. Any ideas gratefully received!

Attached Files:

9. CarlosR29

CarlosR29 Member

Same here, what I did was install the Pro version and put the Enterprise key on it.
    Captura de pantalla 2021-02-26 a las 11.10.23.png

10. KhalilN

KhalilN Bit poster

Hi there..
    I have installed the the latest build from the Link provided in the begining of this thread. I have 2 questions:
    1) Do i need to Activate this version. The systme is asking for Activation before I can cutomise the themes etc..
    2) I've not been able to install Acrobat DC on the machine. DOes anyone know if this is supported?
    Thank you

11. KhalilN

KhalilN Bit poster

It's Build 21354.
    PS: I was able to activate with my other Win10 Pro key.
    So only question now is the Acrobat DC Compatability.

12. AVL

AVL Bit poster

Does your UI is slightly lagging compared to macOS or x86 Windows? Animation is not smooth enough.

13. KhalilN

KhalilN Bit poster

Update: After a few attempts and downloading a different Acrobat installer. I managed to get it installed and working well.

14. Aidyn

Aidyn Bit poster

Hello! I've installed this version of Windows. Now do I need to activate it?

15. P.v

P.v Bit poster

I downloaded a VHDX image. Created a new virtual machine from Parallels Control Center. Walked through the wizard, clicked the large tile "Create New - Install Windows from a DVD or image file". The wizard automatically found the VHDX file and from there it installed Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview without any problems. Your Mac user should have admin-rights though, otherwise it will not run smoothly.

16. FrancisF1

FrancisF1 Bit poster

Hi. For how long will this "Insider Preview" work? I got it up and running ok but will this continue to work indefinitely? I expect not.

17. Aidyn

Aidyn Bit poster

Ok, I've installed Windows. Now I can't install Netframework 3.5, have anybody do this? I'm getting 0x800F0950 error, and I've search all over the Internet, but I can't resolve this problem for 3 days. I think that it is because of arm64

18. CathyC

CathyC Bit poster

Is there an Insider Preview version for Windows home? That's the one I have a product key for. I installed Windows 10 ok in Parallels, but can't activate it because it is Windows Pro instead of Windows Home.

19. CharlesS17

CharlesS17 Bit poster

I am also having problems with the Windows 10 ARM preview. I go to the MS download page, but can not get onto the tab to the program. I think it may be because I do not have any version of Windows installed, so I am not recognized I do not want to try to purchase and download a "regular" version of Windows 10, and then get the preview, because I am concerned it might cause problems on the Mac (also, MS might just refuse to do it because it's incompatible with the Mac). Microsoft could offer no assistance, nor could Apple. Anybody able to help?

20. Marcv5

Marcv5 Bit poster