M1 parallel win10 CPU frequency

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by zt_2, Jun 28, 2021.

Tags:
  1. zt_2

zt_2 Bit poster

My CPU works at 1Ghz Frequency? What's wrong with the settings? Or everyone here has the same problem with me?

Harry12 likes this.
  2. zt_2

zt_2 Bit poster

:(But it seems really much slower than the normal condition

3. HenrikW4

HenrikW4 Bit poster

I have a MacBook Air with 8GB of ram and 512GB disk, and I had a similar issue. I used the recommended 4 processors and 4GB or ram and it ran really sloooooooow. I am running MS SQL server and programs that access it and it was unusable slow. Task Manger showed maxed out CPU and maxed out memory. Then I tried to reduce memory to 2GB instead, and that did the trick. CPU was still high, but RAM didn't max out which restored my setup to better performance than on my 2017 MacBook Pro. I have no idea why, since it contradicts all logic to me.

Perhaps reducing RAM will work for you too.

zt_2 likes this.
  4. zt_2

zt_2 Bit poster

I actually have reduced my memory, but I didn't work(I have tried various settings). The problem that confused me was the always-100%-cpu-usage, which made all softwares reeeeeealy slooooooooooooooow....

5. Vidalinc

Vidalinc Bit poster

I have the same problem : 1 Ghz CPU with a MacBook M1 16 GB RAM. Is it normal ?

6. GiovanniM7

GiovanniM7 Junior Member

same issue

7. madscene

madscene Bit poster

Same issue here. Really frustrating. Also see 100% RAM usage inside Windows Guest at both 4GB and 8GB setting. (13" MBP, 16GB RAM).