Autodesk Revit does not work

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by JoseT1, Apr 15, 2021.

1. JoseT1

JoseT1 Bit poster

Autodesk Revit installs on Windows 10 but gives error on startup.
    Autodesk Autocad works well

Attached Files:

2. JasonI2

JasonI2 Bit poster

I concur. Despite trying all the emulation settings in the latest build of windows arm, revit still crashes on opening any file.
    Lots of M! owners would love to get this sorted.

3. JoseT1

JoseT1 Bit poster

yes, yes, yes...Finally Revit works on the latest version of windows 10 arm. Thanks Paralells

4. JasonI2

JasonI2 Bit poster

Hi Jose, what settings did you have to get Revit working ? What version of windows & which revit ? More info pls

5. JoseT1

JoseT1 Bit poster

Hi Jasonl2
    Makbook Air 512Gb 16GB RAM
    Windows 10 Build 21387 co_release210518-1436
    Revit 2021 and Revit 2022 running almost like native mode
    Autocad 2022 windows better than Autocad Mac
    I think we will be close to a final version of the Windows Arm because it already allows Portuguese language

archi_130w1 and Maria@Parallels like this.
  6. archi_130w1

archi_130w1 Bit poster

Good Day, Jose and Jason,

So my heart might have skipped a few beats after seeing your most recent post and with the possibility of the M1x coming soon, I may be getting ready to make the upgrade. I am checking in to see how Revit has been working for you since being able to actually open projects without crashes.
    Is it still relatively smooth? Do you have any comparison to Intel Macs using Parallels and Revit?

Thank you!

7. JasonI2

JasonI2 Bit poster

Thanks Jose. I can confirm that Revit does indeed work, seemed to be that last update to the insider version of windows that cured it.
    However, rendering addin Enscape crashes on launching so is unusable. I expect this is more to due with parallels graphics card implementation. I hope they can do something about this.

Archi, I did do a video on LinkedIn about it. Search for me: Jason Isherwood Cadspec and I'm sure you'll see it.
    Can't wait for WDDC next week to see if it brings out the M1X/M2 with a bigger screen. much as I love the portability & long battery life of the air, I need a bigger screen , more ram and better graphics to truly replace my windows baed laptop. Fingers crossed !

HannahS4 and archi_130w1 like this.
  8. archi_130w1

archi_130w1 Bit poster

I agree! I am looking forward to it. Thank you for the video!
    Consider the amount of progress that has been made in the past ~8 months. It will get there.
    Cheers!

9. Morry Ledgey

Morry Ledgey Bit poster

Hi guys,
    Am looking to install this build as mentioned above - Windows 10 Build 21387 co_release210518-1436
    Am currently running M1 macbook air with Parallels 16.5 and Wiundows 10 build 21354.
    I've signed up to the windows insider program and am having no luck locating that build to upgrade to.
    Any help would be appreciated. Am trying to get Revit working.

10. JoseT1

JoseT1 Bit poster

Hi
    at the moment I am with build 21H2 windows 11 Pro. Very stable. Autodesk products working flawlessly. See attached Thumbnail

Attached Files:

AleksandrK7 and archi_130w1 like this.
  11. AKHILR

AKHILR Bit poster

The actual reason why parallels didn't work in the past is, the arm of windows doesn't have any net framework of the latest version, but after few days it received an update regarding the net framework. then, Revit started working on M1 Macbooks. and for me personally, in windows 10 arm it didn't work at all. I received the net framework update after I have upgraded to windows 11. then it started working, after few days I have reset my mac os completely, then I installed parallels again and I have installed windows 10 again, then again Revit didn't work, so in my opinion, if u want that net framework update u should definitely go to windows 11. only then u can use Revit. Revit feels good in MacBooks, but not definitely good in my opinion. it lags a lot, in 3d and 2d as well. for me mainly, because I stay in India and here apple products are over prices due to import taxes. here base model starts at 2000 USD approx....so parallels is good enough but m1 is not able to handle it easily. but it is definitely good...

12. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Hi Everyone, you can refer to this article for updating Windows 10 Insider without upgrading to Windows 11.

archi_130w1 likes this.
  13. HannahS4

HannahS4 Bit poster

Hi could you link me to the video of you working with Revit? I'm considering getting one of the upcoming MacBooks for archi school work and I am unsure if I will need to use Revit in the future

14. archi_130w1

archi_130w1 Bit poster

Take a look at that video.
    I am not sure about most schools, but I know my recent interns this summer have stated that their school discourages the use of Revit (for school) due to it limiting the student's creative process.
    This makes sense as Revit can be very rigid if you do not forcefully break it... and even then it is excruciatingly frustrating at times.
    Oh for the days of trash paper, hot glue, and card board XD

15. AleksandrK7

AleksandrK7 Bit poster

Hello from Russia!
    What Tech Specs in your mac?

16. jvalal

jvalal Bit poster

I'm having issues with REvit on my NEW macbookpro with the highest specs. I'm trying to make a simple steel connection and the memory peaks out. This does not occur with my older 2019 MBP with the same configuration, but Windows 10. This is unacceptable

17. MatusF

MatusF Bit poster

Hey Revit Team,
    I have a new video with Revit LT on Windows 11 running very smooth via Parallels. Thanks to the parallels team for making this possible. Best, Matus Modern

18. I'm running Autodesk Revit on the new M1 Macbook Pro with Windows 11 and it will not allow me to print any custom PDF paper sizes. Anyone having this issue?

19. ryan89

ryan89 Bit poster

I have run into the same problem. I've searched for a work-around, but so far have come up empty.

20. ryan89

ryan89 Bit poster

Looked into this a little further, and found there is an 'Export as PDF' option in the File > Export menu. You can customize page sizes and select from traditional architectural size sheets. This worked perfectly for me.