Windows11 arm latest update

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by MikaelR3, Sep 28, 2021.

Tags:
  1. MikaelR3

MikaelR3 Bit poster

I noticed that I had to add virtual TPM Chip to be able to install the latest windows11 build
    After the update it seems that there is a lot of issues to use taskbar, menu is not working sometimes, and Settings is not available at all
    I did a fresh installation as well and run in to the same problem as soon as the latest build was installed

Ricardoleventi likes this.
  2. AntonyR1

AntonyR1 Bit poster

I'm experiencing exactly the same problems and have yet to find a work around, will watch this thread to see if anyone is able to suggest fixes

3. Ricardoleventi

Ricardoleventi Bit poster

I have the same problem. Solutions???????????????

4. Simon992

Simon992 Bit poster

I am having the same issues on windows insider preview dev build 22458, I rolled back to the beta build 22000.194 for now which is working perfectly

5. HenrikJ3

HenrikJ3 Bit poster

And same here.

6. kundanno

kundanno Hunter

Keep in mind some of these issues are inherent to Windows - the fact that you are perhaps on a beta or dev channel, bugs are to be expected. It may not be a PD issue. Second if you feel this is a PD induced issue, you may want to open a case with them. At least they'll look into it.

7. HenrikJ3

HenrikJ3 Bit poster

This 22454 build seem to be the only arm version available to download from Microsoft currently, Windows 10 arm is no longer there. So unless you have the old 10 one saved somewhere your out of luck running windows on M1 Mac atm since the version available from them right now is not working well at all.

8. SWANDY

SWANDY Pro

I am also running Windows 11 ARM but when I go to the System/About screen it says VER 21H2 and OS BUILD 22000.194. And in the Windows Insider Program it is set to BETA. Is this why people have other build numbers (like the poster above with 22454). Thanks.

9. AppleO

AppleO Junior Member

Indeed, I was probably one of the lucky few too to get the ISO build 22000.194 when it was available on the Windows website. Will be sticking with this for some time it seems.

10. OliverK11

OliverK11 Bit poster

Can you hope that an update will be installed automatically? Or is it impossible to avoid reinstalling another build? Opening folders doesn't work for me either.

11. OliverK11

OliverK11 Bit poster

I cannot start windows update!