Windows 10 ARM download for M1 Mac?

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by JohnN14, Oct 13, 2021.

1. JohnN14

JohnN14 Bit poster

I have Parallels Desktop 17 for Mac (v17.0.1) and am trying to figure out how to get windows 10 loaded on my M1 mac with Big Sur. I had Win 10 loaded just fine on my older mac, but I know I need an ARM version of win 10, but I can't seem to locate one. I did find the Win 11 ARM download, but since that is an preview, I'd rather avoid that if at all possible. I know those expire after a short time, and I think the newest one will expire around the end of this month.

Does anyone know where I can download Win 10 Pro? I already have a license code for it, just need the ISO or whatever.

Thanks

John

2. jazzzm

jazzzm Bit poster

I dont know if this is the same problem but I am having trouble using windows on my Imac (m1: big sur 11.3) - parallels 16.5.1 (50695) - windows 10 pro version Dev:
    The build is expiring after 31-10-21 which will be a major issue due to work. Its nearly three months old.

I have no idea what to do. Contaction Parallels seems to be a mission impossible..

3. jazzzm

jazzzm Bit poster

4. GregT6

GregT6 Bit poster

Hi! I am looking for a working Win 10 VHDX image to install in Parallels 17.
    I am registered for the Windows Insider Program but the link only allows you to download Win 11.
    I installed that just fine, the problem is that the software I need to use doesn't work so well in Win 11 and I would also like to have a Win 10 installation.

I have tried various auto compiled Win 10 versions from uupdump.net but when tried to install they all crash when starting to install.
    After some searching, I tried version 21390.1 but that gives me the attached screen.

Does anyone have a link for a working VHDX image?

Many thanks!

Attached Files:

5. GregT6

GregT6 Bit poster

Thanks for the quick reply Michael.
    That's not a problem for me. I only need it for a week to calibrate my TV's with Calman, as they don't make a Mac version.
    Down the line, I am hoping the win11 will get better and I will use that.
    Which win 10 version works at the moment?

6. GregT6

GregT6 Bit poster

Just tried another version I compiled from uupdump.net, file name 19044.1319.211007-1636.21H2_RELEASE_SVC_PROD2_CLIENTMULTI_A64FRE_EN-US.ISO and again it crashes upon installation.

upload_2021-10-21_14-10-41.png

7. GregT6

GregT6 Bit poster

Screenshot 2021-10-21 at 2.16.29 PM.png

OK thanks. But which version works without crashing upon installation?

8. CarlosR29

CarlosR29 Member

The second in the list. ( ARM64 )

9. GregT6

GregT6 Bit poster

I think I had tried that version hmm
    In any case, I recompiled and used it and it give me the following warning and halts.
    How do I get around this?

Screenshot 2021-10-21 at 9.16.46 PM.png

10. mmika

mmika Pro

Remove TPM before installation start. You can add TPM later after the first reboot.

muhammedi1 and GregT6 like this.
  11. YasuyukiM2

YasuyukiM2 Bit poster

parallels desktop install assistant last click and F2 key (Press F2 key as soon as you click)
    BIOS >>device manager >> secure boot configuration >> "attempt secure boot" check to remove
    and continue
    i'm sorry for my poor english, i'm japanese.

Attached Files:

muhammedi1, GregT6 and mmika like this.
  12. GregT6

GregT6 Bit poster

Oh man, oh man, many thanks!
    I am up and running on Windows 10. You have to check the box to configure the installation when adding the iso, so you can remove the TPM before it starts the installation and it works.
    Not that it makes any difference though, I still can't get a USB to serial cable driver to install on Win10 either though, don't know what the problem is...

So, this installation will work until the end of the month? I have to disable windows update in services cause it immediately tried to upgrade to windows 11...

13. GregT6

GregT6 Bit poster

Just a quick follow up to this in case anyone knows.
    I need this installation to use a USB to Serial cable to calibrate a TV.
    The drivers work just fine on my Windows 10 gaming rig but I can't get them to work on my Windows 10 installation in parallels.
    Any ideas?

14. GregT6

GregT6 Bit poster

Many thanks for taking the time to reply and take the screenshots!
    I managed to do after reading @mmika 's post and I have now readded it after the installation finished.

I am now trying to figure out how to get windows 10 to install the USB to Serial adapter...

15. GregT6

GregT6 Bit poster

Thanks for the reply Michael.
    I thought that much and have looked everywhere to find ARM drivers for it but can't seem to find any.
    I tried installing it on my Mac and sharing the port via Parallels. Will try tomorrow to see if it worked.

16. mandrouneM

mandrouneM Bit poster

Dear all,
    im looking for solution to run my office business excel files form windows to my mac , unfortuntly mac can t update or edit . your program can do that ? if yes what is the process?tks

17. muhammedi1

muhammedi1 Bit poster

BROOOOOO!!!! many thanks ❤️❤️

18. MartinS77

MartinS77 Bit poster

Hello,
    I have Parallels 19. Unfortunately I am not able to uncheck/disable TPM in BIOS during start. Please, is any other way to disable this?
    Many thanks... (in bios, when I want uncheck "Attempt secure Boot", the cursor jump over this offer :-( )