Parallels Access repeatedly crashes after Windows Update KB5003637

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Parallels User, Jun 9, 2021.

1. CurtisB3

CurtisB3 Junior Member

These were the instructions and link I was given:

https://fe.parallels.com/7ae0f194f9436958290b27e3a2b57fbc/ParallelsAccess-5.6.0-36436-win.exe

1. Uninstall the 6.5.3 version (or whatever PC version) you have now
    2. Download the Installer
    3. Install using the Installer
    4. Once prompted to update to version 6.x , skip/ignore it so that version 5.6 is installed.

Make sure you check off the box that doesn't automatically update to current version or it will check for it and install the 6.5 version back
    I don't do anything fancy except needing to connect to my PC from my iPad daily for a few hours of operations, but was always crashing after the 5th or 6th day. So far going over 2 weeks and no problems.

They (Tech Support) told me when and more stable update for the PC is found they will advise, but for now this version is working fine for me.

JeffC17 and JesusP5 like this.
  2. JesusP5

JesusP5 Bit poster

Thank you seems to be stable now

JeffC17 likes this.
  3. JeffC17

JeffC17 Bit poster

I gave up and moved on but revisited this morning. Found several responses to the ticket asking if issue was a resolved and a request to set up a call with support. They seem to be fully engaged on the issue now. Will try roll back per above, and will report back after the call.

4. MichaelW62

MichaelW62 Bit poster

I have had this problem intermittently with MacOS Catalina 10.15.7 and parallels running Windows 10. I'm not sure whether it's MacOS or Windows Updates that will crash the system after hours of continuous running. I've found that if I turn off Windows Updates and do them manually, it doesn't happen. Don't have the expertise to explain why, but perhaps this will help someone.