Windows 10 Insider Builds Are Expiring, and release build 19043.1288 BSOD on install.

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by MrVM, Nov 2, 2021.

1. MrVM

MrVM Bit poster

Is there any trick to get Windows 10 Installed, because all the current dev builds are expiring, and using any release build just BSOD on install?

2. BernhardG2

BernhardG2 Bit poster

Whenever i try to install Windows 11 on my m1 MacBook Air, the settings app will refuse to open
    I also end up having issues with the start menu not opening until i restart explorer.exe.
    Could someone please help me here?

3. MichaelA47

MichaelA47 Bit poster

Same here with Win 11 ARM build 22483 on M1 Mac Mini w/ 16GB RAM & 2TB SSD. VM configured with 4 processors 8GB ram under Parallels 17 standard edition.
    But, the Start button can be right-clicked to show a pop-up of selections. Some, like Task Manager work OK. Some, like Settings, errors out with the 'no file association' error - see attached screen shot.
    Control Panel is accessible from the VM window File menu.
    Right now, this is not a workable version...

Attached Files:

4. iGadget

iGadget Bit poster

It seems that build 2294 that was just released works.

5. MichaelA47

MichaelA47 Bit poster

Hilarious: About an hour after posting above, the VM was waiting for a restart to do an update - which now works.

6. MarcL16

MarcL16 Bit poster

Went to uupdump and downloaded 22294.1000 and ran the .cmd file on a pc. This generated multiple (55) .cab and ESD files. Is one of these files useable as is or is there another step to create a useable .iso file that I can transfer to my M1 Pro Mac to allow install through Paralles 17? Not really a computer guy so thanks for your patience/understanding. Really looking forward to seeing windows on my new 16" M1 Pro. Thanks!

7. BernhardG2

BernhardG2 Bit poster

thanks for the answer, how can i install this build on windows 11 insider?

8. iGadget

iGadget Bit poster

I build an ISO on uupdump.net.
    Also had an expired windows 10 VM in the DEV channel that I upgraded to Windows 11.

9. McallenT@P

McallenT@P Parallels Team

Hello,
    Please refer to the below KB articles to create a support ticket and technical report ID and reply with the ticket number and technical report ID number.

https://kb.parallels.com/6571
    https://kb.parallels.com/9058

Thanks,
    McAllen.