Help/information wanted

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by AlexK21, Nov 15, 2021.

Tags:
  1. AlexK21

AlexK21 Bit poster

I have an older iMac (27" 2011/2012) that still works. Have bootcamp and Windows 7 that i mainly use to play WoWs. Because the Mac isn't updated and even Win7 is very old i want to get muself a new Mac and preferably a 27" again but with M1. With Parallels you can emulate W10 or W11 but can i still play WoWs? Is that possible?
    Maybe a stupid question? But would love to get an answer.

2. SWANDY

SWANDY Pro

Games are iffy. Some older and newer games will run perfectly on Windows 11 (which most people are running now). But it is very hit or miss. I have not tried WOW so I can't speak to that game in particular. And the only Blizzard/Battlenet game I am interested in trying at this point is Diablo 2 Resurrected which as of now will not run on the Windows 11/Parallels combination. But from what I have read there is a Mac version of World of Warcraft and I believe that runs on the M1 Macs. (I think I remember reading that Blizzard actually released a native M1 version but not sure and perhaps someone else can talk about that.)

3. AlexK21

AlexK21 Bit poster

Thanks for your reply. I think i have read somewhere that they tried WoT (from the same company) so i will have a look/try to find more about that. Else i need to go and buy one of the last intel imac 27".