Age of empires on win11 m1 pro

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by JoeM31, Dec 13, 2021.

1. JoeM31

JoeM31 Bit poster

Is there any way to get the AOE DE running on windows 11 in Parallels Desktop on the M1 pro mbp?
    First, there's no windows store. second it tells you to get it through the xbox app once the store is installed. 3rd, trying to install in the xbox app gives a x00000 type error every time and the download/install won't even start.

2. WZ_1

WZ_1 Junior Member

Did you try steam? I could play AOE 2 & 3 DE on Windows 11 arm64 with Parallels on my M1 Pro.

3. JoeM31

JoeM31 Bit poster

I won't use steam. I am using game pass. They're free.

4. JoeM31

JoeM31 Bit poster

Oh yea. I can't sign up for steam anyway. Everytime the captcha says I do it wrong but I don't.
    But I wouldn't anyway since I have game pass and they're free.
    I guess windows on M1 is useless for probably quite a long time since the M1 / Arm is new and MS don't care about it much.

5. CANACS

CANACS Bit poster

I am actually using Steam installed on W11 through parallel on my MacBook Pro M1 max . I can play to AOE II but unfortunately impossible to launch the AOE IV. the software requests AVX instructions that are apparently not yet supported by parallel.