Tried, didn't work - What now?

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by Pab1, Jan 12, 2022.

1. Pab1

Pab1 Bit poster

Hi,

I downloaded a coupe of months ago the trial version for parallels desktop, and windows 11. I use a specific design software only available for Windows.

It didn't work properly. The program wasn't fast by any means, but it could be used. My main issue was that the mouse pointer was unusable. It jumped all over the place at the lightest movement. With the software developer we searched for solutions or updates a whole afternoon, with out results. Work got the best of me, and I had to do something else, so it was set aside until now.

Is pointless to buy the 80€ software if it doesn't work. Trial as expired, so I can't try the newer updates.

Is there any way to have a new trial period to test the latest builds and see if it works better?

Is there any other solution to verify functionality before purchasing?

Thank you.

2. Mikhail Ushakov

Mikhail Ushakov Parallels Team

Hello!

Thank you for reporting the issue. We'll try to help you for sorting it out.
    1. First, I've generated a 15-day Parallels Desktop Pro license key under your account, so use this key (you can find it at https://my.parallels.com/ ) to activate Parallels Desktop while we investigate the issue.
    2. Second, as a preliminary troubleshooting step, open the virtual machine configuration (additional details can be found at https://kb.parallels.com/117287 ) > Hardware > Mouse & Keyboard > set 'Optimize for games' for Mouse.
    3. Check if the issue remains.
    3.1 If it does, for further troubleshooting we need a technical report created at the moment of reproduction (click Parallels icon on the top Mac menu (||) > Help > Send technical data) and provide us with its ID in your reply to this email.
    3.2 Additionally, please provide us with the name of the design software you're using. It'd be great if you provide us with the link to the software.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

3. Pab1

Pab1 Bit poster

Thanks a lot! that was a prompt reply...

The software is Sailpack, a very specific software to design boat sails. Mostly Windows soft, some under Mac, and they wonder about M1's. There is a 3D view window (open GL) that can't handle the mouse input. We did find online that "optimise for games" option, but at the time didn't found this useful.

The 3D windows is the heart of the software where we see the sails we design. Other than the design it interfaces with many tools, like flow simulators or boat/rig geometry. There are many of other windows to enter and study the data related to the sails. It is a fairly mouse intensive application, and most designers use low movement mouses or trackballs, over two or more big screens..

I just activated the new trial, and updated Parallels. I tried and same problem arises. I activated the "optimise for mouse", and inside the 3D windows it now behaves normally., but:
    1. the. mousse is sooooooo slow to use the software. I can't operate normally, I can get anywhere easily.
    2. I have to manually press control + option to. be able to get out. Not very fluid when changing constantly applications and windows, between data and designs.
    I'll try to do a couple of designs to see if I find other issues, or find a way to work properly.

4. Mikhail Ushakov

Mikhail Ushakov Parallels Team

Hello!
    Thank you for your feedback.
    >>1. the. mousse is sooooooo slow to use the software. I can't operate normally, I can get anywhere easily.
    In this case, kindly reproduce the issue and generate a technical report at the moment of reproduction (click Parallels icon on the top Mac menu (||) > Help > Send technical data) and provide us with its ID in your reply to this post. It'd also be helpful if you make a short recording of the screen to show us this strange behavior. You can attach the recording to the technical report (once the report is generated, click 'Attach screenshots and other files' and attach the recording).
    >>2. I have to manually press control + option to. be able to get out. Not very fluid when changing constantly applications and windows, between data and designs.
    It works so by design for the 'optimize for games' feature - the idea was to prevent your mouse from accidentally moving to macOS when you're working with Windows. You can open the virtual machine window in full screen and use a three-finger swipe to switch between desktops.