is the license for the basic verison also a 1yr key ?

Discussion in 'Account and Subscription Management' started by mike68, Mar 23, 2022.

1. mike68

mike68 Bit poster

the advertising online is a bit confusing.
    if i choose to purchase the basic (home) version ... do i get a 1yr lic or do I get a 'forever license'
    and if forever , i assume that limits me to onlyl version 17? how long does parallels continue to support a prior version when new release occurs?
    thsnk!

2. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hello, under Parallels Desktop Standard Edition there are 2 types of licenses. One-time payment where you purchase a single version of Parallels Desktop (exp:- version 17) for lifetime (till it's compatible with Mac OS) another is yearly subscription where you can upgrade or downgrade to any version of Parallels Desktop.

mike68 likes this.
  3. mike68

mike68 Bit poster

thanks. what is the track record of Parallels. how many prior versions do they support when new release occurs? ie if I buy ver 17, will it be unsupported in 2 years?

4. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hello, it totally depends on the newly released Mac. Please refer to this KB article to know the supported Mac OS till date.

5. ShankarA1

ShankarA1 Bit poster

Hi Parellels team,

I am not able to purchase the license using credit card. Could you please let me know if there is any specific card to be used.

Regards,
    Sankar

6. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hello, please try with PayPal for making the purchase.

7. FeltonM

FeltonM Bit poster