PD upgrade question

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by RimvydasZ, Jun 4, 2022.

1. RimvydasZ

RimvydasZ Bit poster

Hi,
    I have PD 9 license right now. I know, that I can upgrade it to the latest PD 17 version for 49 euros. I know that for activation I must use two licenses - old one and upgraded one. So my question is the following - will I be able to upgrade PD to 19 version in the future for half of the price, when PD 17 will stop to work on my macos? And what licenses will I be forced to use at that time?

2. Tharun@P

Tharun@P Moderator

Hello, If you are purchasing a yearly subscription, then the future version will be free of charge as long as the license is renewed every year. If you are purchasing a one-time version 17 upgrade now, then you can purchase a version 19 upgrade key in the future instead of the full license and use the version 17 key as the old key. Thanks.

3. JacekA

JacekA Junior Member

Hi, how can I make ugrade from version 14 to 17 as one-time version?

4. Nazeemabanu@P

Nazeemabanu@P Moderator

Hello, @JacekA You can upgrade the Parallels Desktop for Mac onetime version 14 to 17 by selecting the upgrade tab from this link - Buy Parallels Desktop for Mac , and then click on Parallels Desktop for Mac Standard Edition ($49.99) > Buy Now > select "Upgrade to Parallels Desktop Standard Edition 1-Time Purchase" option and proceed further. Thanks.

5. JacekA

JacekA Junior Member

Hi, thank you for answer.
    Unfortunately I cannot load the page you are talking about. It immediately jumps to the new one in which I don't have this option.

Attached Files:

6. Nazeemabanu@P

Nazeemabanu@P Moderator

7. JacekA

JacekA Junior Member

Unfortunately, this leads to the same page, where there is no "Upgrade to Parallels Desktop Standard Edition 1-Time Purchase" option, that you write about in an earlier post.

8. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hello, yes. You can upgrade from Parallels Desktop 14 to 17. First you need to purchase Parallels Desktop 17 permanent upgrade, then install Parallels Desktop 17 on your Mac. Once installation is done, first give the upgrade key then give your previous version license key which is Parallels Desktop 14, and activate.

9. JacekA

JacekA Junior Member

Hi,
    I try to say all the time, that there is no option to upgrade from version 14 to 17 as 1-Time Purchase. It is only 1-Year Subscription. Maybe, because the address given above, switches to EU? Maybe there is no such option in Europe?

10. Nazeemabanu@P

Nazeemabanu@P Moderator

Hello @JacekA, Yes for the EU, the webpage will be different, you have to navigate as > Buy page (Buy Parallels Desktop for Mac) > Choose your license > select 'Upgrade €49.99' > Choose your plan > select '1-Time purchase' €49.99. Thanks.

11. JacekA

JacekA Junior Member

I know this webpage, but I'm not home or student user.

12. Bhargava

Bhargava Bit poster

Hello Jack, "For Home & Student Use" is for the usage purpose of the Edition, you can click on the "Parallels Desktop Standard Edition" and purchase it for €49.99 and install Parallels Desktop 17 on your Mac. Once installation is done, first give the upgrade key then give your previous version license key which is Parallels Desktop 14, and activate.

13. Nazeemabanu@P

Nazeemabanu@P Moderator

Hello @JacekA, We have sent you a DM, Kindly check. Thanks.