Applications/games not working in Windows on Arm

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by Mikhail Ushakov, Feb 10, 2022.

1. DouglasK5

DouglasK5 Bit poster

I created a ticket with Parallels and contacted Palisade support. IMO it is a Palisade problem. Clearly Windows and Parallels work great on M1 and M2 Macs. Palisade needs to fix their software to work in the environment. Why did it work on Intel VMs? Anyone have solutions to move away from Palisade? What a waste of a license payment. I'd like something native to Mac.

2. PaulD27

PaulD27 Bit poster

Hello.

I have a Mac with an M1 Pro processor. initially, I had Parallels Desktop 17.1.2 and Windows 11 Pro ARM installed.
    In the Windows virtual machine, I installed the Realtime Landscaping Architect 2020 program and the "Realtime Walkthrough" function I needed worked in it.

I recently upgraded to Parallels Desktop 18.0.2 and the "Realtime Walkthrough" feature stopped working. I launch Realtime Landscaping Architect 2020, click View -> "Realtime Walkthrough" -> Ok at the top and a window appears on my screen with information that an error has occurred in the program.

I have updated all Visual C++ x64 x86 libraries to the latest versions, and also reinstalled the Realtime Landscaping Architect 2020program, but this did not solve the problem.
    When I removed Parallels 18.0.2 and installed version 17.1.2, the "Realtime Walkthrough" function became functional again.

I hope you will be able to fix this problem. I used the latest version of the Realtime Landscaping Architect program. Here is the official website
    https://ideaspectrum.com/professional-landscape-software/

3. ChrisStitches

ChrisStitches Bit poster

I'm running Wilcom Embroidery software (Windows) and it requires a dongle by Aladdin. The company basically says tough nuggets we don't support Mac BUT they know that it's a Mac M1 issue. Parallels sees it, my M1 Mac sort of sees it, as it it recognizes that it is attached and beyond that nothing when it tries to authenticate. While not strictly a Parallels issue I thought I'd toss it out there JUST IN CASE. TIA

4. LeoH5

LeoH5 Bit poster

how can I play Detroit become human?
    it pops up an error that says: unable to find a suitable graphic card with Vulkan 1.1 support
    what I gotta do?

Attached Files:

5. JohnW70

JohnW70 Member

So far, I have not managed to make Honestech VHS to DVD 5.0 SE connect to a VCAP800V3 USB connector to a video device, software and connector supplied by ClimaxDigital. The problem is that, although driver installation is shown to be successful, when attempting to add a "Video Capture Device", the only option is "Facetime HD Camera". I suspect a driver problem. Has anyone made it work? I am in contact with ClimaxDigital.

6. HaraldSt

HaraldSt Member

I believe drivers are required to be in ARM64 code on Windows ARM 11 same as on macOS.

7. JohnW70

JohnW70 Member

Quite so. They have now confirmed that they have no ARM-compatible driver, so their suggested ARM version of OBS Studio does not work in Mac either. Using the Intel version of OBS is a workaround for Mac.

8. Mikhail Ushakov

Mikhail Ushakov Parallels Team

Hello!
    Parallels Desktop currently doesn't support Vulkan API. I've informed our developers and managers about your request.

9. JonathanA10

JonathanA10 Junior Member

The recent update fixed the issue with Total War Warhammer 3. It runs the current version without any problems now. Thanks for the fix!

10. BradB7

BradB7 Member

I can confirm that "Stray" works natively on Parallels 18.1 on an M1 MBP in Windows 11 22H2 when installed via Steam (I also have 16GB ram). I heard conflicting info on the interwebs about this and purchased anyway and gave it an install try yesterday. Now, it ran a little 'slow' (even with graphics set at medium), but it was operable. I didn't get any screenshots as I just tested the settings, opening cinematic sequence and moved the cat around a little bit in the cave at the beginning as well as changing camera angle views. I didn't have to use Crossover or tinker with the DX12 settings at all.

11. Nick42

Nick42 Bit poster

Hello !
    One of my clients purchased standard edition and he has mac mini with m1 processor.
    The problem is with a setup file installation for a camera , it starts but ends with the message in the attached image
    its an .exe file. In intel-based mac runs correctly the problem is with m1.
    Any suggestions?

Camera setup installation problem.jpg

12. Nick42

Nick42 Bit poster

Hello !
    One of my clients purchased standard edition and he has mac mini with m1 processor.
    The problem is with a setup file installation for a camera , it starts but ends with the message in the attached image
    its an .exe file. In intel-based mac runs correctly the problem is with m1.
    Any suggestions?

Attached Files:

13. I tried to install and play Worms Clan Wars , the game loads, the audio works, but the grapics are just wrong, the game is not playable. Macbook Pro M1 Pro 16, with Windows 11 and Parallels 18.1. Some textures are also missing. Can anyone help me to fix that?

14. Here is a screenshot how it looks...

Attached Files:

15. William31

William31 Bit poster

guys does Prepar3d Run ON parallels?

16. BryanR8

BryanR8 Bit poster

I can't play aom in my macbook pro 13" m1, i tried added ParallelsGFX, disabling emulation settings and nothing still crashed. Can anyone help me to fix that? (attach print with the error) upload_2022-12-11_1-33-11.png

17. JustinC18

JustinC18 Bit poster

Microsoft Store and Xbox App are rather problematic. The Store will not get updates and simply results in an error icon with a triangle and circle after hitting "Get Updates".

18. paulthetall

paulthetall Bit poster

Company of Heroes Crashes on My M1 Apple Silicon Macbook Pro. The game starts to the game menu, but then crashes to desktop when you click on a new campaign.
    Have Windows 11 installed, tried the fix on the internet with no avail (screendevice=DirectX10 or DirectX9 Rendering Device) . Think it's a rather M1 Apple Chip issue. It says playable here, which it isn't:
    https://www.applegamingwiki.com/wiki/Company_of_Heroes

19. VladimirK12

VladimirK12 Bit poster

FIFA 23 fails to launch. Says connecting to server, and goes to 100%, then returns back to Origin/EA app

20. natsukirei

natsukirei Bit poster

Having trouble with World of warships, it runs, the FPS is stable on max settings, but theirs a jitter issue which the mouse will not remain smooth during gameplay with optimizations on or off , ive tried full screen exclusively, ive tried mouse borders on and i just cant seem to the game to run properly.

Theirs also slight stutters occurring quite often