After upgrading to Ventura, Parallels doesnt want to run

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Jacek2, Nov 10, 2022.

1. Jacek2

Jacek2 Bit poster

Hi everyone, i can't run parallels desktop 15 after the Ventura upgrade. It keeps telling me to restart the Mac to finish configuration of the software, after clicking the parallels icon. ( parallels tells me to do it, not mac ) and same situation when restarted.
    Did the trial of 18 and worked ok. Any help or sugestions??

2. Bhargava

Bhargava Bit poster

Hello, please be informed that Parallels Desktop 15 for Mac is not compatible with macOS Ventura, refer to https://kb.parallels.com/114381 to know about Parallels Desktop and macOS compatibility. Thanks.

3. Jacek2

Jacek2 Bit poster

so I just need to update to 18??

4. Grzegorz1

Grzegorz1 Bit poster

Hi, I've got same issue.
    My both v15 instances stopped working. So I need to rebuy 2 v18 licences?

5. Grzegorz1

Grzegorz1 Bit poster

How to apply for that code? :D

6. johngrins

johngrins Junior Member

Unfortunate, I (and tech support) haven't had a stable DT release since 15 on a MacMini 2018 i7. I've tried 16, 17.... reluctant to purchase and try 18. But I'm really good at restoring DT15 by now, lol. Nothing in the dt18 the few release notes indicates fixes to stability with file explorer (quick access scroll never finishes, VM locks up) (or quicken (primary windows app).

7. oisisi

oisisi Bit poster

Dear all, I have PD 18 running and my VM always freezes after starting Ventura. I was upgrading (several times) from a clean Catalina which was running just fine. CPU is at 200%

8. AndrewC52

AndrewC52 Bit poster

I am having the same problems with Parallels 15 after upgrading to MacOS Ventura -- locked out of Parallels.
    I am considering upgrading Parallels but it is rather expensive. Is the coupon code still available?

Trent2 likes this.
  9. Wojtek4

Wojtek4 Bit poster

I have the same question? Coupon code still available somewhere? My Parallels 15 is not working on Ventura

10. Nazeemabanu@P

Nazeemabanu@P Moderator

We have shared the discount code in DM, kindly check. thanks.

11. Pramesh Boodadoo

Pramesh Boodadoo Staff Member

Hello,
    DM refers to Direct Message in this context.
    On your Parallels Forum's page, on the top right, kindly click on "Inbox" to access your messages.
    Thank you.

12. Detiege

Detiege Bit poster

I have the same problem and I would know if a coupon code is always available for upgrading to PD 18 ?
    Thank you.
    Jm

13. Pavel Merkulov

Pavel Merkulov Parallels Team

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback.

If you have a license of the previous version of Parallels Desktop 15, you can purchase a discounted upgrade license at the link below:

https://www.parallels.com/ca/products/desktop/buy/?upg

14. KarinL1

KarinL1 Bit poster

Wanted to test the free trial version of Parallels 18 in order to check that everything works after the Ventura upgrade. I'm prompted to allow Parallels extension but it doesn't pop up. Does anyone else have the problem that Parallels don't show up in the System settings>security and privacy to allow?