HASP driver on M1 Max Macbook w/Parallels Windows 11

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by ARGAS, Dec 1, 2021.

1. >>> Message has been deleted by the user <<<

2. >>> Message has been deleted by the user <<<

3. Horacio

Horacio Bit poster

Hi VincentB8, this sounds very encouraging. Which version of drivers did you installed on the Mac end? Port 1947 is specific for Windev or it's for all the hasps?
    Thanks for your advice

4. >>> Message has been deleted by the user <<<

5. MichelA5

MichelA5 Bit poster

Hello Vincent,
    I presume you are French as you use Windev ;-)
    I just invested in a Mac M1 and I'm confronted with the same problems with the Windev dongle.
    Did you manage to make Windev work correctly?
    Did you try with the new Mac OS 8.43 drivers?
    Thanks in advance
    Michel

6. Andreasm24

Andreasm24 Bit poster

Hi!
    I tried this procedure from Vincent with 8.43 drivers.
    Installed Sentinel drivers for Mac.
    I can see the HASP Key is active and working on Mac.
    Installed Windev on Win11.
    Ran this command with admin rights: netsh interface portproxy add v4tov4 listenaddress=localhost listenport=1947 connectaddress=YourMacHostName.lan connectport=1947
    But it did not work for me. Faro Scene is not working ;-(
    Let us know if somebody found a solution.
    thanks!

7. >>> Message has been deleted by the user <<<

8. MichelA5

MichelA5 Bit poster

Hi,
    I installed the 8.43 drivers and I did the manipulation suggested by Vincent and I have the same result, Windev crashes after about 10 minutes.
    @VincentB8 : did you find a solution for this crash ?
    Thanks

9. >>> Message has been deleted by the user <<<

10. ZoranS3

ZoranS3 Bit poster

I have 2 hasp/sentinel devices. I tried as VincentB8 said. One sentinel device is working on windows 11/parallels 17 M1 without any problem. Second one is not even visible in Mac OS. On intel mac both work normaly. Any sugesstion what else to try? I see that there 8.4 release for windows but I cant find file to download.

11. MDS87

MDS87 Bit poster

As this seems to be something that Sentinel/Thales needs to help with, is it safe to say upgrading to the latest version of Parallels will do nothing for us?

12. ZoranS3

ZoranS3 Bit poster

Exactly. I upgraded to version 18 and nothing.

Jovian30 likes this.
  13. Robert_Rand

Robert_Rand Bit poster

Hi Vincent88, I've attempted to locate the sentinel dongle drivers for arm64 on the Thales support pages, no luck. Can you point us in the right direction?

14. TrishaD1

TrishaD1 Bit poster

Running into the same issue with Parallels 18, Windows 11 (ARM) and a new M1 Macbook Pro. My critical work software (different product from any listed above) requires a HASP key and still no updated driver from either Windows or Thale. Has anyone managed a work around to the ARM issue that doesn't crash?

15. Thomas36

Thomas36 Bit poster

I confirm that the solution mentioned by VincentB8 works (Windows 11 ARM, Windev 27). Don't forget to replace YourMacHostName.lan with you hostname.

16. patryk.okon

patryk.okon Bit poster

Hi, I have the same problem. My software requires a Sentinel HASP usb key and it doesn't work

17. HuiM1

HuiM1 Bit poster

I also confirmed the solution mentioned by VincentB8 works for other software (BrainAnalyzer) that needed the Sentinel HASP dongle to work. Thank you VincentB8!
    As Thomas36 said, don't forget to replace YourMacHostName.lan with your own Mac's hostname.

18. Jovian30

Jovian30 Bit poster

Hi,

I am using a different software that requires a Sentinel hardware key. I installed the Mac Sentinel driver 8.5 (Sentinel_Runtime.dmg) and tried the netsh command. I replaced YourMacHostName.lan with the IP address of the Mac host... well, which I believe is the host address.

How do I figure the Mac hostname or address? What network settings do I have to use in Parallels?

Sorry, for all these questions. Would love to get my software working on my MacBook.

19. Jovian30

Jovian30 Bit poster

Hi. That's good news. How do you show the actual hostname of the Mac host? What is the actual solution from VincentBB. It seems that it has been removed from the thread?!

20. HuiM1

HuiM1 Bit poster

To know your Mac hostname, open Terminal and you will see it right away. The letters between "@" and "~ %" is your Mac host name.
    Network setting in Parallels: just use the default one - shared network.
    There are a few caveats that you may want to know as well.
    1) You may need to set the portproxy again each time you reinstall the runtime environment in your virtual windows 11.
    2) On the mac (the host), if you are using a commercial antivirus software that comes with a private firewall, remember to set an exception to let incoming TCP and UDP communication from your virtual windows 11 (you may need the ip address of your windows virtual machine to do this). Otherwise, Analyzer on your virtual windows 11 won't be able to detect the HASP key connected to your Mac.
    How to know the address? On your virtual windows 11, open a command prompt and type ipconfig and enter: your virtual windows 11 ip address = ipv4 address.

Jovian30 likes this.