Parallels 11 activation on OSX 10.13.6 fails (Check your Internet connection)

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by MichaelP88, Mar 12, 2023.

1. MichaelP88

MichaelP88 Bit poster

Dear all,
    there are already at least 2 similar threads with the same topic but without any solution so far.
    I just completely reinstalled my iMac mid2011 from scratch (after reformatting the drives).
    I used the latest OSX supported for that model which is 10.13.6 High Sierra (where Parallels 11 was running fine before I formatted the drives).
    During the Parallels 11 installation process I was asked to enter my account data for activation.
    It failed with the following error message: "Check your Internet connection". My internet connection is fine! I am just logged in in my Parallels account and downloaded my P11 copy from there (plus the license key).
    I think Parallels has changed something with the activation servers (I faced the same issue with Adobe Lightroom 6, but Adobe provided a workaround for this).
    Can you please support and tell me how to activate my copy of Parallels 11 on OSX 10.13.6.? I payed for it and legally own it (without any expiration date)! I think I should be able to install and use it.
    To make things clear. Product is "Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac". I entered correct mail-address and password for my parallels account. After confirmation - the error message "Check your Internet connection" appears.
    From my experience with Adobe Lightroom 6 activation I think there it was related to an update of the Adobe activation servers to TLS 1.2.
    Please Parallels Support - help the users with this activation issue. I am not alone.
    I already tried https://kb.parallels.com/124073 and https://kb.parallels.com/en/113744. But after executing all the steps the problem still exists.
    Thank you and best regards!

2. ParallelsU130

ParallelsU130 Member

I run OS X 10.9 but I have the same problem after upgrading my iMac with a new SSD drive where the optical drive used to be. Parallels 11 used to run fine but when I was asked to activate it after cloning the system to the SSD, I got "Unable to perform the operation - please check your internet connection". Like you, my connection is fine.

I can't criticise the support I finally got, but they couldn't resolve the problem. However, through trial and error I've discovered the cause:
    - due to poor programming, Parallels only recognises /dev/disk0 (which is my old HDD, still in place) as the internal boot drive, and thinks /dev/disk1 (the new SSD) is an external drive and so refuses to activate.

If you launch Terminal and type diskutil list you will see all your drives - if your main boot system drive is not /dev/disk0 then I believe that's your problem. If it is though, then you have a different problem, and I wish you luck.

3. Tharun@P

Tharun@P Moderator

Hello Michael088, Please open the terminal on your Mac and then type this code: prlsrvctl install-license -k. After -k, give a single space, and then type the licence key and press enter to activate your key. Thanks.

4. MichaelP88

MichaelP88 Bit poster

Hello Tharun,
    I tired and got the following error: Failed to install the license: PRL_ERR_LICENSE_UPGRADE_NO_PERMANENT_LICENSE
    My P11 license is an upgrade license. I bought full license for Parallels 8, then upgraded to 9, then upgraded to 11. So i have a total of 3 license keys (1 full + 2 upgrade).
    How to enter this cascade of license keys to activate P11?
    Thank you very much!!!

5. ParallelsU130

ParallelsU130 Member

That solution didn't cure the problem for me, but I hope it does for you, Michael.

6. MichaelP88

MichaelP88 Bit poster

It really makes me very sad that I don't get any support here and I don't get any help in solving my problem.
    I have the impression that Parallels is only interested in me when they want to sell something.
    Again, I paid for the product and I just want to use the licenses that are mine.
    In my opinion, Parallels is responsible for making this work.

7. JamesB15

JamesB15 Bit poster

@ Parallels: PLEASE PROVIDE SUPPORT TO ACTIVATE PARALLELS VERSION 11. THE SOFTWARE CANNOT CONNECT TO YOUR SERVER.

Like MichaelP88, I also reinstalled my mac OS (Sierra) from scratch and cannot connect to Parallels' server to activate my license. I am trying to install Parallels version 11. I've followed the directions in KB 113744 but was unable to connect. My OS is a "clean install". By "clean install", I mean that SSD was formatted, Sierra was installed, and only Parallels 11 was installed and no other software was installed.

Tharun@P instructions to type the code via a terminal window resulted in a statement that my license was activated. HOWEVER, the Parallels software still prompts to log into their server. When I launch Parallels, it goes to the login screen. I enter my credentials and then I receive the error "Check your internet connection and try again. If the problem persists, follow "this link" to register your copy of Parallels Desktop".

My internet connection works. There is no proxy, firewall is off (both mac and router), and there are no Parallels listings when executing cat etc hosts. If I log into my Parallels account via a web browser, I can verify that my Parallels license is valid. Please help.

8. Avinash Bundhoo

Avinash Bundhoo Staff Member

Hello.

Please check your personal message inbox, and reply to us at your convenience.

Thank you!

9. JimH19

JimH19 Bit poster

It would be helpful to others having the same issues if the response/solution wasn't sent via pmail. I am now having this exact issue, with identical conditions regarding install/proxy/firewall/terminal license install, etc.

Does anyone have a concrete solution at this point that they can post?

10. Chris72

Chris72 Bit poster

I'm not the original poster, but have the same problem.
    These kb's 124073 124225 113624 113744 are all useless.
    I've been waiting to find a real and working solution to be able to use my Parallels Desktop again! It's been more than a year!

Does it have to do with trust chain DST Root CA X3 being expired? But it seems others with latter MacOS still have this problem.

11. AlexBo1

AlexBo1 Bit poster

I have the same problem.Version 11.When I buy the product I can't use it?!I feel cheated!

12. AlexBo1

AlexBo1 Bit poster

Parallels company doesn't really respect those who choose their product, and here's why - in 2014 I bought Parallels Desktop for Mac, since then I haven't changed the operating system on my Mac, I was fine and everything worked, but after I updated the system Mac OS, my Parallels has been installed, but the servers of the Parallels company specifically do not allow you to enter an electronic key to register the product. The support says that the version is old, but I have an old laptop and an old Mac OS on it. How can I continue to work?!! It's like you go to the hospital and they don't give you medicine because you're 60 years old...Parallels Desktop for Mac DOESN'T WORK! It's okay, but many people have this problem!!! Go to the forum and see themselves! Support answers once a day!!! All this company policy is aimed at deceiving you! So that you pay every time! You buy a program - but it does not work!

13. Avinash Bundhoo

Hello Alex,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Please check your inbox. We have sent to you some additional information which will help you.

Thanks

AlexBo1 likes this.
  14. AlexBo1

AlexBo1 Bit poster

Hello, Avinash.Check inbox pls.

15. Avinash Bundhoo

Hello,

I have replied to your question

thanks

16. JonathanW2

JonathanW2 Bit poster

Hello Avinash, I am having the exact same issue - could you message me as well with the fix, please? I have tried the kb fixes, but also did not resolve it for me. Thank you in advance! :)

17. Pramesh Boodadoo

Pramesh Boodadoo Staff Member

Hello,
    Kindly verify your personal message. We have sent you the correct instructions.
    Thank you.

18. JonathanW2

JonathanW2 Bit poster

Thank you for your assistance, Pramesh, it is appreciated!

19. EhduardK

EhduardK Bit poster

Same problem, could anybody send me instructions?

20. ELTELA

ELTELA Bit poster

Same problem, please give me instructions