World of Warcraft

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Darien222, Mar 17, 2008.

1. Darien222

Darien222 Bit poster

is there any way to run WoW in the Xp guest OS of Parallels i have a MacBook 2.2 ghz, 2 gig. ram and such

2. Greensauce

Greensauce Member

Why don't you use the Mac version? It will run faster on your Mac OS, than through the emulated XP. I don't play WoW but I have heard that you can download the game for free and as long as you have an account you don't have to purchase a Mac version. Could be wrong but its what I suggest, over trying to run in XP.

3. xaoslaad

xaoslaad Member

WoW

You can use the same disc to install the Mac version as the Windows version. This is true of most blizzard games. Starcraft, Diablo, Warcraft, WoW, and so on. I used the same DVD to install the game on Mac OS as my wife did to install it on Windows Vista. Other than to see if you can, and try it out as a novelty, I don't know why you would want to run it under Parallels...

4. Darien222

Darien222 Bit poster

i know you can run it but i want to use multiple instances that you cannot do in mac so i tried in the guest xp and it starts but crashes i wanted to know if there is a way to fix it.

5. Ripcord

Ripcord Bit poster

If you copy the game to another folder (I know, a huge amount of space), you can run a second instance.