Support for 64bit Oses and Boot Camps

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by fuzzyman, Feb 28, 2008.

1. fuzzyman

fuzzyman Bit poster

I run a new Mac Pro, with a 64bit Vista bootcamp install and multiple monitors.

Suppoort for 64bit OSs, multiple-processors and true multiple monitor support are all high on my wishlist for Parallels.

Having support for a 64bit boot camp install is absolutely vital in fact!

2. yuhong

yuhong Bit poster

Parallels Server beta already support this, and it will make it to Parallels Desktop later.

3. riha

riha Bit poster

Well ,the server version costs 900+ euro/dollars or whatever the price was, that is not an alternative for us Parallels Desktop users.

VMWare fusion have had 64 bit support for quite some time now.

A lot of applications that cannot be used because of the lack for 64 bit support.

4. cjohnsonuk

cjohnsonuk Bit poster

64 bit vm support

I'm looking at solutions for running VM based virtual network to evaluate technologies I don't have time to do at work. I need to be able to run 64 bit OSes (eg server 2008 with exchange 2007). Had a Mac near the top of my wishlist but VT support being disabled and lack of 64 bit OS support has put a bit of stop to that.

Unless anyone can say different...

We use vmware at work but a mac using friend has switched from fusion to parallels. However he only needs VMs to allow him to test his websites in IE.

Suggestions welcome...