Windows 2000 won't startup after ACPI config change, standby mode issue

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by lendavis, Sep 5, 2007.

1. lendavis

lendavis Bit poster

I'm in a bit of a dilema... I transferred my PC using transporter over to my macbookpro successfully and everything was working fine, except... my PC via parallels no longer had a Standby option in the shutdown dialog. Everytime I suspended my Parallels VM, windows 2000 would blue screen everytime I restarted parallels and it came out of suspend/standby mode... I'd restart and everything was fine again in a matter of speaking.

So I looked up the standby issue on the web, and a Microsoft article pointed to ACPI settings as the problem, and something to do with single processor support versus dual processor support would cause the standby option to disappear. So I followed the article's instructions, and via device manager, under the computer icon, updated the ACPI driver to Multiprocessor PC with ACPI (I'm not sure the exact notation since I can't see it now), since my macbook pro is dual core/processor... I restarted...

and now my PC freezes upon the initial boot sequence (black screen with the progress bar)... at the end of the progress bar, the computer just hangs. I've tried every possible safe boot option and get the same hang...

I'm wondering if there's anything I can do other than start over and reinstall windows or transfer via transporter again?

2. lendavis

lendavis Bit poster

forgot to mention I'm using Parallels build 3214...

3. lendavis

lendavis Bit poster

4. yuhong

yuhong Bit poster

Sorry, Parallels don't support ACPI or standby. You will have to use Standard PC.