Unable to load Boot Camp partition (non-standard install?)

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by ckrueger, Apr 15, 2008.

1. ckrueger

ckrueger Bit poster

I just installed the Parallels v3.0 5584 trial on my brand new 8-Core Mac Pro and I'm having difficulty loading my boot camp partition.

Whenever I try to load it I get the following message

"More than on Windows partitions are found. This is not a standard Boot Camp configuration."

I've only ever created one partition on this computer (it's about a week old) and I'm not sure what is causing this error.

The install of Windows XP on my boot camp partition loads fine in "boot camp" mode, and it all seems to load without any problems in the trial version of VM Ware.

Is there something I can do to fix this, or is it a compatibility issues with the new Mac Pros?

Attached Files:

2. Xenos

Xenos Parallels Team

Hello Ckrueger,

Please have a look at this article to find out how to avoid some basic Parallels - Boot Camp troubles.

Best regards,
    Xenos

3. ckrueger

ckrueger Bit poster

These issues do not seem to apply to my problems at all, unless I overlooked something these all imply that you are able or have been able to load your Boot Camp partition at least once. I have never been able to load it.

4. Xenos

Xenos Parallels Team

Ckrueger, please sorry for the short answer. Creating two hardware profiles is recommended when dealing with Windows under Boot Camp. You can find the instructions in the article linked above. If this does not help to avoid the problem, try this workaround.

Best regards,
    Xenos

5. ckrueger

ckrueger Bit poster

Thanks for the suggestions but I'm not seeing any changes. I created two hardware profiles using Boot Camp, but Parallels still refuses to even begin booting the VM.

Also, I'm unable to look at your posted work around, it looks like the urls for the KB have changed since you post it as both KB links in this thread load an error page.

6. Xenos

Xenos Parallels Team

Hello Ckrueger,

The KB has been moved to another server today, here is the new address of the article: http://kb.swsoft.com/en/5063

Best regards,
    Xenos

7. ckrueger

ckrueger Bit poster

This fixed it, thanks for the help.

8. Xenos

Xenos Parallels Team

Good news :) Thanks.

Best regards,
    Xenos