100% CPU glitch upon resume from deep sleep

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by jchris91739, Apr 15, 2008.

1. jchris91739

jchris91739 Junior Member

Been fooling with this for a while, finally got it narrowed down enough to where I can reproduce it on my Macbook Pro and thought it might be worth posting.

Issue: Upon resuming from OS X "deep sleep", Parallels desktop running a Windows XP session will throw up 3 dialog boxes about connecting the USB HID devices and iSight camera to the virtual machine. Until these dialog boxes are dismissed, Parallels will consume 100% CPU. Once the dialogs are dismissed the CPU usage goes back down to normal.

To reproduce: Start up a Windows XP session in parallels. On the OS X side, put the system to "deep sleep" mode where the session is written to disk, like Windows XP hibernate mode. (you can achieve the same result by unplugging the power adapter on a notebook, and allowing the power to go to 0%. OS X will automatically put the system in deep sleep mode to protect your data.) When the system is fully off, hit the power button to resume.

2. Xenos

Xenos Parallels Team

Hello Jchris91739,

Thank you for the report. We are aware of the issue. Please hide Parallels Desktop (Command + H) before leaving your Mac in deep sleep.

Best regards,
    Xenos

3. jchris91739

Thanks for the reply.... however, it does not seem to matter whether Parallels is the front most application, this issue occurs regardless.

4. Xenos

Xenos Parallels Team

Jchris91739, I have inquired - Parallels developers are working to fix the issue that you are describing. Please sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best regards,
    Xenos

5. jchris91739

Anyone know if this got addressed in the most recent build? This is my only issue, don't want do update if not necessary.

This issue is really annoying on a laptop because it will kill your battery life in nothing flat....