Using Transporter

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by celtictricky, Apr 18, 2008.

1. celtictricky

celtictricky Bit poster

Hi,

I recently got a Mac Book Pro, but at work I use an XP machine. I would like to clone onto my MBP, but when I do, and then start it, it just blue screens on me, and causes Parallels to restart.

Its the latest build of Parallels - does anybody have any idea's what I could try to sort this out please?

Thanks

Rich

2. Berknip

Berknip Bit poster

It's likely an issue with the drivers still active in your XP image. Try booting it to SAFE mode and remove the old machine specific drivers. I've had that issue migrating a Dell XP image, IBM Vista image, and generic XP images in the past.

On the Dell I even had an issue with a piece of DVD authoring software that I had to remove. YMMV.

3. celtictricky

celtictricky Bit poster

Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

4. celtictricky

celtictricky Bit poster

You booting the Parallel version in safe mode?

What you have said seems to make sense, as its a Dell machine. Its doing a transport to my imac at the moment, so will have a play and see how I get on before trying with the MBP again.

Cheers

5. Berknip

Berknip Bit poster

When parallels starts the VM, hit the F8 key (it ill be FN+F8 for the apple keyboard if I remember correctly) just like you would if you needed to boot into safe mode on the Dell. Then select SAFE MODE and you should be able to boot all the way in. At least that worked for me.