Telephone Support? Hello?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by bpzdiver, Apr 15, 2008.

1. bpzdiver

bpzdiver Member

I am on hold for the third time with Telephone support, and have had the "Ready or not, I love you, where you go" (huh?) burned into my ear now for an hour. I paid for a Parallels per incident report, and after being on hold the first time for 15 minutes finally got connected to someone. Stayed with him long enough to explain the problem. He was about to send me an email with some instructions and was confirming my address when I got cut off. I got back in line, the hold lasted another 15 minutes and then a ring! But this time it was the computer telling me "Thank you for your call, good bye." And cut off! Now on hold the third time, approaching 15 minutes. Phone rings. 12 ringie dingies, then the damn computer thanking me again. "Good bye."

OK, now forth time, the computer "appreciates my patience", and it's techno music. Maybe routed somewhere else? Could it be faster and maybe to a person? Nope. 35 minutes (!) of that music, then back to the poor grammar song, and finally 20 minutes later, my machine buddy says "Good Bye."

So wasted two hours. Maybe try again tomorrow?

I know good tech support costs money, but my time is worth something too. At least the computer voice still says my reference number is good, so I'm not out the 30 bucks.

2. Xenos

Xenos Parallels Team

Hello Bpzdiver,

There seems have been a misunderstanding. Could you please let me know your reference number by Private Message?

Best regards,
    Xenos

3. bpzdiver

bpzdiver Member

Sure, later this morning. Thanks for your help.

4. bpzdiver

bpzdiver Member

OK, today tried again. First time on hold for 25 minutes then the "thank you good bye" again. Redial and after 10 minutes someone picks up! But for some reason he can't hear me. So redial again, and 1 minute later Yeah, I get to talk to someone! Same guy. And he helps me out right away. And we have some basic issues to fix first (like upgrading Parallels), but he let's me keep my per incident support open so I can call back if there's still problems. So thanks to the tech guy, sorry didn't catch his name (Juan?) but still need to wok on the phone system.