How to stop PC to Mac app sharing

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by hyperact, Apr 23, 2008.

1. hyperact

hyperact Junior Member

I originally set up Parallels to launch my Mac browser when accessing web links in Win XP. Now I want to undo that and have Firefox on XP launch web sites instead. No matter what I do, I can't stop Parallels from launching my Mac browser. I have turned off PC to Mac sharing and also Mac to PC sharing and restarted the virtual machine, I have edited my prefs in the applications menu (but they don't always stick.) How can I stop Parallels from launching my Mac browser?

2. hyperact

hyperact Junior Member

Apparently nobody else has this problem. Is there no way to set up Parallels so that web files open in Firefox/Mac on the Mac side, and Firefox/Windows on the PC side? I have played with the application mapping for quite a while, and I can set it to always open in one or the other, but that's not what I want. I want Firefox/PC to launch when I click a weblink in WinXP in Parallels, and I want Firefox/Mac when I'm in the Finder or another Mac app.

I am writing software that interacts with a web browser and I need to test on both platforms. How do I turn off this mapping business? Surely this is possible?