How do I free up disk space??

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by ccflyer, Apr 28, 2008.

1. ccflyer

ccflyer Bit poster

The error message says I have 194 MB of free disk space and need 512MB. If I can't start the VM how do I free up enough memory to get it to start so I can delete some stuff?

Thanks

2. Kraken

Kraken Member

You might look at using the Image tool to convert your HDD files and then use compressor to get back your hard drive space. See this thread: http://forums.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=19665

You also might have to grab an external drive to dump some files on while doing this. That's what I had to do with all my garageband tracks and a few large files.

3. Hugh Watkins

Hugh Watkins Forum Maven

rush out and buy a La Cie firewire 800 external hard disk form the Aplle Store

with your VM chosen
    PD File Menu >> Clone to the new hard disk

the VM clone will run even better from the second hard disk

Hugh W

4. ccflyer

ccflyer Bit poster

I have access to an external hard drive we use for running backups on some non networked pc's at our shop. What's the procedure for moving files off the VM running on my MacBook? Can I see a directory, select files to move and or delete them when plug the external hard drive into the Mac? Thanks in advance.

5. ccflyer

ccflyer Bit poster

Never mind...

For others running into this issue. I emptied the trash basket on the Mac side and restarted
    Parallels and everything works. Now onto dumping some long video clips!