Just installed 3.0. How do I get the windows program icons to show individ on Dock?

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by tkjazzer, May 2, 2008.

1. tkjazzer

tkjazzer Member

Hello,

The only thing I miss (aka can't figure out how to do) is the programs currently open in windows USED to show individually on my Mac "dock."

Now, they do not.

Is there a setting to show open programs running in parallels to show up on the dock like versions before 3.0 did?

Thank you!

ex - i have a dictionary I use in windows, I used to just be able to do 1 click on the doc and parallels would come to front And the dictionary would come to front of windows.

Now I have to do more than 1 click, click parallels icon, click mimized dictionary in windows bar, etc.

Thank you in advance!

Last edited: May 7, 2008
  2. tkjazzer

tkjazzer Member

Do people understand what I am asking? How can I better rephrase my question?

3. Cralex

Cralex Junior Member

I'm wondering that as well. They often seem to go away shortly after the wondows program launches.

4. KrP

KrP Member

Here are some notes I made after the update. I hope they help.

Please, check your configuration settings.
    When your VM is on, before Windows has started, click "Configuration" -> "Shared applications".
    Find "Show in dock" option and choose "Always".

Note:
    If the dock icons don’t appear or disappear later----- trash the windows applications folder in the user’s ---library--parallels folder and restart parallels and they will begin to reappear.

Parallels will rebuild the folder as each application is opened

5. Cralex

Cralex Junior Member

I just might have to try the second option. It is alerady configured to show as "always" and it still did not work.

6. tkjazzer

tkjazzer Member

try changing your memory max to the recommended value.