Win XP SP3

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by armin_06, May 6, 2008.

1. armin_06

armin_06 Bit poster

Is it safe to update my Parallels VM from Win XP SP2 to SP3? I am running #5584

Thanks,
    Armin

2. websyndicate

websyndicate Hunter

I running it today and it works fine for me im sure their will be an update soon to parallels. VMWare is out and supporting with 10.5.2 with SP3 as well. So I will wait to see whats is going to happen

3. jackybe67

jackybe67 Pro

No problems, just running fine. (without bootcamp!!)

4. jtl

jtl Bit poster

I just upgraded to sp3 and now parallels doesn't work right. The Windows taskbar is gone and I can't seem to figure out how to get it back. Can someone help me?
    Thanks,
    John

May 8, 2008
    This morning, while xp sp3 was running but had no taskbar, Windows suddenly restarted itself and then the taskbar appeared.

Last edited: May 8, 2008
  5. patatchi

patatchi Bit poster

I updated to SP3 under bootcamp and Parallels can no longer run... it'll go into the XP start up screen and then get a BSOD, then it'll jump right back trying to start again, get a start up screen and BSOD until I force quit.

Should I have updated to SP3 within Parallels? Does anybody know if reinstalling Parallels will fix the problem?

6. Archy

Archy Bit poster

Guys, please wait a bit for a new version with SP3&Boot Camp support. Update will be released very soon.