MacBook Mouse

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by pwith, May 21, 2006.

1. pwith

pwith Member

I did a search on this forum but was unable to find anything.

Just installed Parallels Desktop on my MacBook Pro. How do I right click with my mouse pad??

Thx

Peter

2. joem

joem Forum Maven

Apparently, on some Macbooks, placing two fingers on the trackpad and clicking is interpreted as a right click. It doesn't happen on mine, but there have been a couple of reports here.

Of course getting a two button mouse or trackball if you are going to run Windows as a guest would give you the environment Windows was designed for.

3. frankfalco

frankfalco Bit poster

You can make the MacBook Pro track pad perform a control/right click by setting the two finger click setting in the "Place two fingers..." in the Trackpad tab ot the Keyboard & Mouse system pref.

Attached Files:

4. Patrick Lee

Patrick Lee Bit poster

Keyboard and Mouse System Pref different

My Keyboard and Mouse Control Panel does not have that option- MacBook Pro 10.4.6 km.jpg

5. Jan Wittrodt

Jan Wittrodt Member

6. ptrourke

ptrourke Bit poster

The correct setting is available on the MacBook (non-pro). Must be a very new feature.

7. e7sharp9

e7sharp9 Member

Here is an installer for MBP for right click.

8. John the Geek

John the Geek Member

I highly recommend that installer. (can't imagine why? ) ;) But only for the 15" MacBook Pro models that don't have it. It's a temp fix until Apple releases it in 10.4.7 for all Intel-based notebooks.

=D

9. itsanaddams

itsanaddams Bit poster

e7sharp9 you're the best!!!

Lack of easy context menu access, has quietly drove me nuts for a few years and made my list of things I really hate about my mac (but would die before confessing it to my windows fiends,.. er friends). Thank you e7sharp9 for allowing me to strike a really pesky annoyance off me list.

10. alkalifly

alkalifly Hunter

You should be thanking John the Geek. e7sharp9 definitely did us all a service by posting the link to the installer (and deserves thanks for that), but John the Geek made the installer.

11. fryke

fryke Bit poster

10.4.7 should not be far away. I'd wait for that instead of installing some hack... ;)

12. mcg

mcg Hunter

It's not really a hack---it's just the driver they shipped for newer laptop models. Since we already know that the 15.4" MBPs have two finger capability, there is no reason to believe this driver won't work. And indeed, it works---quite well.

13. John the Geek

John the Geek Member

Well, it's largely not a hack. We've discovered that some people still have trouble with it. But it's been a small group of people. There's always the chance that we missed a support file, but many people report it just works (myself included) exactly like the 17" version does.

The main components are there for 15" MacBook Pros running 10.4.6 with all patches and updates. Still, I'm hoping for 10.4.7 ASAP too...