convert Fusion VM to Parallels VM?

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration in Windows and Linux' started by davlewis, May 10, 2008.

1. davlewis

davlewis Bit poster

Is there any way to convert a VMWare fusion VM to a Parallels format? I'd like to try the latest version of Parallels to see how it compares to Fusion, but I do not want to have to rebuild my VM if I can avoid it.

Dave..

2. websyndicate

websyndicate Hunter

I know you can go from parallels to VM with the VM convert. What I recommend is build Images just the way you like them and all the NEEDED software installed with all the updates so all you have to do is click and drag in the future. I'm running Fusion right now. I still do like parallels more just becasue of the options I need but I hope theirs an update soon to address some things like SP3 support and just some minor bugs. Really nothing really crazy your missing unless you need a couple of monitors. Parallels has it down pretty good but VM has the industry name. Both are equally good but still parallels just has those needed options the I need for school. Hope that helps.

3. HZC

HZC Member