Windows 98 Network Drivers?

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration in Windows and Linux' started by nubus, May 6, 2008.

1. nubus

nubus Bit poster

Hey guys,

I've kinda hit a wall with parallel. It's set to bridge network but the network doesn't show up. I can't move any files over to update the driver for it... So i have XP with parallel windows 98. Reason is that one software only runs on 98... and i couldn't get XP to run it with the emulation. I'm kinda burned out figuring it out...

2. jbh001

jbh001 Member

It is not clear from your post what your set up is. That makes it difficult to figure out what you are trying to do.

If you can't get the Windows 98 driver into the Windows 98 VM, I would create a shortcut in your windows 98 VM to your Mac so that your Mac shows up as a network drive on your Windows 98 VM.

To do this, go to the Mac's System Preferences; select Sharing; and turn on Windows Sharing. Near the bottom of the screen you will see something like: "Windows users can access your computer at \\<MyComputerName>\<MyAccount>"

Then from within your Windows 98 VM, open a Windows Explorer window (one way to do this is to click on the My Computer or My Documents icons) and type the UNC address (i.e. \\<MyComputerName>\<MyAccount>) into the address bar. Once the VM has successfully navigated to your Mac, you can drag the icon from that address bar to your Windows 98 VM's desktop to create a shortcut.

Your VM can then see any files (such a drivers, or whatever else you put there) that are on your Mac.

Last edited: May 13, 2008