Does build 5600 fix these issues?

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by agranovsky, May 10, 2008.

1. agranovsky

agranovsky Member

I'm using 5584, and it's relatively stable, so I'm very cautious with upgrading to 5600. However, if it fixes one of the issues I'm experiencing the risk may be worth it. So, early adopters who already installed 5600:

1) Do VisualStudio debugger keys (F11/F12/Shift-F11) work now? This is probably the top of my Parallels annoyances now.
    2) Higher end Cisco wireless APs would not allow to obtain an IP if Bridged Networking if used, so I'm limited to using Shared Networking at the office. VMWare Fusion doesn't seem to have this problem as of the last build.
    3) While at home (using stock WRT54G with DD-WRT), I can't connect to VPN from Parallels *unless* Bridged Networking is used.

2. agranovsky

agranovsky Member

Parallels Support -- this fairly simple, yes or no question was posted a week ago. Any updates?

3. ruel

ruel Member

In the announcements section of this dicussion forum, go see if the release notes answer your question:

http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=20944

(I personally don't expect any immediate replies from the official Parallels people in the forum since from what I've observed from my point of view is that this forum is more of a self-help group-help where users ask and answer questions for the most part. Would like to have more official word more immediately, but so it goes. Just my opinion.)

Last edited: May 18, 2008
  4. Hugh Watkins

Hugh Watkins Forum Maven

yes RTFM
    the details are listed on the board
    including known issues

Hugh W