Parallels doesn't want my money!

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by casioguy, Apr 8, 2006.

1. casioguy

casioguy Member

I hope this is the right forum for this!

I pre-ordered Workstation 2.1 for Mac, first using my Amex credit card, and when this failed, I used my Paypal account. Both transactions failed to be processed, and my order was declined as I received emails to that effect!

Why do you make it so difficult to make a payment? I can't buy the product even if I want to.

Sorry for the rant, but I am somewhat upset by this...:mad:

2. Neuron

Neuron Member

Try using the PayPal option. You can pay by credit card via PayPal without even having a PayPal account. That worked for me.

3. casioguy

casioguy Member

I did try paying via PayPal as I use it often to pay for purchases via the net (Amazon etc). Never had a problem. In fact, the email (from verify@regnow.com) to decline my order said they will refund the money to PayPal. Anyway, I have submitted feedback to the sales support. Can someone buy it for me, and I will pay via PayPal then? hehe...

4. gemillam

gemillam Junior Member

I wouldn't be surprised that what you ran into wasn't caused by the sudden rush of Mac customers to Parallels door. Parallel is learning the effect that Wil Shipley spoke of at WWDC... being the best Mac developer in your arena is better and more profitable than being a small fish in the Windows ocean. Only a tiny percentage of Windows PCs would ever have a chance to run Workstation, but there is a huge potential among Mac users. Thus, I bet they didn't plan for the onrush.

Give them a few days.

5. Martin

Martin Member

Any idea where to buy Parallels stocks? :D
    too sad really :cool:

Last edited: Apr 8, 2006
  6. casioguy

casioguy Member

I would love to buy stock in Parallels too. This is probably one of the best Mac software ever. Hope they will sell it on the Apple or Amazon website, then I can buy it without hassle.

7. dhjdhj

dhjdhj Hunter

If Apple is smart, they will dump their Bootcamp approach and buy Parallels!
    D