Change window position/size using applescript

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by reesd, Mar 3, 2008.

1. reesd

reesd Member

Is there anyway to change the position or size of windows using AppleScript? When I use "UI Browser" I can't change the position and it lists size as not "settable".
    Thanks,
    dave

2. reesd

reesd Member

Does the lack of a reply indicate no?

3. reesd

reesd Member

bump bump bump

4. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven

Case is not clear , please provide more details

5. ed209

ed209 Bit poster

Proposed change to this thread

I regularly switch between different external displays, projectors, and standalone macbook pro usage.

Parallels already relocates itself when you disconnect an external monitor, but forgets to move itself back again when you reconnect. It's really irritating to be forced to deactivate Coherence, move the window, and reactivate Coherence every time you change your display configuration.

I would really like Parallels to remember display and Coherence preferences when this happens, or at least provide an Applescriptable way of switching these preferences without user intervention so people could 'roll their own' automation.

In order of preference it would be cool if Parallels either:

1. Remembered the exact display configuration for a given display availability using the ~/Library/Preferences/ByHost mechanism just like desktop pictures does.

2. Remember if it was on the primary (ie menu bar) display or not, relocating itself to a secondary display whenever one becomes available dynamically

3. Provided an Applescript dictionary to change the display and mode (ie windowed, coherence, full screen), as I think was the original intent of this thread.

Love the product BTW.

6. ed209

ed209 Bit poster