Request: HOWTO setup networking for dummies

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by philip, May 28, 2006.

1. philip

philip Bit poster

Hello!

I hereby request a detailed howto (for dummies) for setting up networked parallel VM's (with working Internet connections). Please assume that we are the admin so have "no admin to ask". I would say the most common setup is having a router that shares Internet access for a home/office (from dsl or cable) but the question is how to get each VM to access the network/Internet.

The FAQ has helpful tips but for someone dumb like me it did not solve the problem. The troubleshooting guide is a bit vague, and assumes we have admins working behind the scenes.

This appears to be a major problem/concern/question for many, please make it easy for dummies like me to get it working! Thanks :)

Both for Windows and Linux on a Mac.

Last edited: May 28, 2006
  2. Have you reviewed the networking FAQ at the top of the OS X topics page?

3. philip

philip Bit poster

Yes, that's the faq I referred to in my post. I'm about to go insane! Btw, it appears most of peoples problems (including mine) are regarding Linux based VM's.

4. SFrawley

SFrawley Member

I've been over the FAQ and other links numerous times. I am trying to get wireless on Win 2000 with no luck. I don't want to have to use Host-only mode.

All of my friends call me to resolve their networking problems, but I am obviously too dumb for this.:confused:

I generally love everything else.:)