Licenses purchased through online store aren't recognised in pre-existing install

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by ttmooney, May 11, 2006.

1. ttmooney

ttmooney Bit poster

Hi --

We installed two copies of the Parallels under demo licenses. After working with them for a while, we decided to go ahead and purchase licenses.

So, we went through our ordering process, and purchased the licenses. Now, however, they aren't recognised as valid activation strings by the already installed software.

Please let me know what we need to do to get Parallels up and running again.

Kind regards,

travis

2. ttmooney

ttmooney Bit poster

Sorry, mis-read the license string as 1 when it should have been I. Move along, nothing to see.

3. kevindraz

kevindraz Bit poster

Mine doesn't work, either.

Same as you, got my purchased key, but the RC won't recognize it. I used cut & paste from the email, uppercase, lowercase, 1's as l's, 0's as O's, etc. and nothing works.

4. archie

archie Bit poster

Well,I have the same problem with the extended code Parallels sent me today. Copy & pasting the code into the Help->Activate Product page do not work. :confused:

5. Andrew @ Parallels

Andrew @ Parallels Parallels Team

archie,

You probably recieved prolonged extended beta for Parallels Compressor, not Paralells Desctop for Mac RC?

kevindraz,

May be you purchazed key for Win/Lin version? It shouldn't fit for Mac OS version.

6. archie

archie Bit poster

You are right! That explains a lot :) Even though, I didn't even know that I have this compressor software in the first place. Actually, I'm pretty sure I don't have it. Anyway, thanks! I wont try to offer this serial number for Parallels Desctop for Mac RC...

7. Kupe

Kupe Member

Same here. I just purchased an activation key for my trial version of Parallels Desktop. I am running the latest Release Candidate. I copied and pasted the key exactly, but I get this message:

"The activation key cannot be used with the current version of Parallels Desktop"

I checked my invoice and the key I purchased is definitely for Parallels Desktop for Mac. Anyone know how to get it to take my new key?

Kupe

8. Fred Brinkman

Fred Brinkman Bit poster

as far as I know there will be a new activation key when the app goes life. The key does not work with the current betas (it says...)

9. Martin

Martin Member

:) Sometimes it helps to read

It's clear for me now. Saved the code in a safe place, will use it as soon as the final version pops up.
    Martin

Last edited: May 29, 2006