Losing XP Desktop

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by nathanspap, May 23, 2008.

1. nathanspap

nathanspap Junior Member

Since updating to build 5600 earlier today, my XP desk top literally slides off to the right and disappears as soon as XP gets started up. This did not happen before. I can bring it back with Shift-Control-Option, (apparently this is called the coherence mode from what I read in the manual), but this must be repeated each time I start XP. There must be a way to set a preference or something that will make the XP desktop stay on the screen. I would appreciate some help here, but please give me simple step-by-step instructions; I am new to this game having recently switched over from WIN98. I am using an alum iMac running OS 10.4.11 Tiger. Thanks to all.

2. nathanspap

nathanspap Junior Member

Sorry, but you will have to reply in English for me to read your post. Thanks.

3. nathanspap

nathanspap Junior Member

Well, I never did get a usable, readable answer but the problem mysteriously went away. Now my XP desktop comes on and stays put as it has always done. Strange.

4. PSpears

PSpears Bit poster

I am having the same problem

When I booted up this morning I did not get the Start row at the bottom of my screen. Let me know if you have any suggestions. Thanks.

5. nathanspap

nathanspap Junior Member

In my May 25 post I said that the problem mysteriously went away, but now it is back again. My XP desktop slides off to the right, disappearing from the screen, but the start button, etc is still there. I can bring the XP desktop back with Shift-Control-Option but this is an anoyance. Parallels people, can't we get a fix for this?

6. nathanspap

nathanspap Junior Member

I went to Actions - Install Parallels Tools and my XP desktop is staying in place now. That was 2-3 days ago so I guess that did it.

7. kschultz

kschultz Bit poster

Installing Parallels Tools also helped me with the same desktop problem.

Thank you for sharing your solution!